twenty-nine

life was so much easier when i only cared about myself

I vamp speed Josie into the bed, our lips connecting for what feels like the millionth time

It had been a little while since we left the Salvatore School, and neither of us had plans to go back before today.

"We have to leave, Stasia," Josie hums, only wearing her black satin pajama set.

I roll my eyes. "Can't the merge wait one more day?" I hum, "I want to have more fun," I kiss down Josie's neck, who laughs at my attention span.

"Stasia, this is going to fulfill everything we need to do." Josie tells me, pulling me away. "So, come on, my love, we have an appointment." I let out a groan before rolling off the bed, looking at myself in the mirror.

The black magic veins had returned. Though not as evident as Josie's, they were there. My lips had been tainted red from the people I had drank from. Their bodies piled in alleyways.

Josie comes behind me, "You're so beautiful, Anastasia, this was the best choice you could have made."

"I promise you, I will get through to both Josie and Annie, and bring back the girls we know and love safely." Alaric Saltzman sighs. "But first, I just have to find her,"

Just as he finishes, Josie swings open the doors with her magic, the two of us side by side. Everyone gasps as they loom up at us. "We're right here, Dad," Hope stands up, looking right at me and my girlfriend. Josie uses her magic to float down to the floor the students all sat at, whilst I vamp sped down. "Well, don't look so shocked." Says Josie. "Did you really think that I would miss my birthday?"

I walk behind the chairs of my classmates, smelling their blood in their veins from afar. "We would never," I hum in a wolfs ear.

Josie looks at her twin, "Oh, I'm sorry, our birthday." The brunette looks back at me, and I vamp speed back to her side. "So, what did we miss?"

Leaning against a student witch,I caress their cheek. "Have you ever drank tribrid blood before?" I ask them. They shake their head, compelled not to say a word. "Here," I bite my wrist, putting it up to their lips. They slowly drink it, whilst I smirk. Pulling away, I latch onto their neck with my teeth. He squirms, trying to move away.

"Annie, what the hell are you doing?"

I pull away, licking the blood off my lip. Turning around, I see Hope glaring down at me. "You can leave," I wave off the baby witch, who runs away as quickly as possible. "Why, isn't the bastard baby?"