thirty-three

goodbyes sure do suck

The two knights fight against one another

The two knights fight against one another. One light, one dark. King Arthur, wearing silver and gold, fought against the dark knight, until his sword was discarded out of his palm. It was only a moment until he too fell to the ground. He struggled to reach for excalibur, when the dark night pointed his sword.

Grunting, King Arthur removed his helmet, ready to accept his own fate. As the dark night raised his sword, the sound of something flying through the air catches Arthur's attention. A red axe flies through the air, completely chopping off the dark knights arm. Arthur watches as the axe flies back to the hands of a crimson knight. He struggles to stand as he watches her remove her hood.

The sound of a horse causes him to turn his head. The black horse let out a neigh, and Arthur looks at the lady dressed in a mans black trousers and boots, along with a white shirt and some sort of blue cape. Her long blond hair whisked in the wind as she held a magical staff in hand.

"Woah, woah, woah," Rafael begins, he and I giggling. "Hold up." Landon looks up from his book. "You're out of control, bro."

"What? We know you two are descendants of King Arthur and Merlins bloodline. Everything I'm saying could have happened." Landon rambles to us.

I nod, taking a bite of my sandwich. "Yeah, key word here being could have." I retort. "And what is my sister doing there, exactly?" I ask, raising a brow.

Landon shrugs, "I-I for carried away." He confessed. "Look, I don't understand how you're not into this. If I knew I was descended from kings-"

"Thats always been the difference between you and me, Lan." Laughs Raf. "You've always wanted to be special. I've just wanted to be normal." I look at Raf, giving him a small smile. "Have a, a home, friends, and a family. And look, now that we have that, I don't need some fantasy role-playing to tell me where I come from"

"This is history." Says Landon, looking down at the book.

Raf laughs, closing the book. "And after all we've been through, look, I'm done looking back." He says, looking back at me.

"Okay, fine, can you just give me my book back, please?"

"This book?" Raf asks.

I watch, amused, as the two begin to wrestle for the book. It doesn't take long until Raf puts Landon in a headlock. Raf and I laugh when Landon begins to struggle.

"Stop!" Landon suddenly says, pulling away.

I stand up, seeing smeared black liquid on Landon's face. I frown in confusion, looking back at Rafael. Confused, Raf touches under his nose, the same black bloody liquid trailing out. The boy grunts, before suddenly retching as he falls to his knees. Landon and I go to his side, shocked to see the boy completely vomiting the black substance.