twenty-four

i couldn't have done this without you

"So, you two are back together?"

Ethan, Maya, the rest of the gang, and I sit at lunch tables outside, chatting before school starts.

Jamie chews on her salad. "That makes no sense. You acted like you two hated each other and you're gone for a week and suddenly you two got back together?"

I groan. "I know that you think-"

"That you're completely nuts?" Maya snaps. "Anna, you told me about her and she seems like a total shitface! Why would you let yourself get back with her?"

I frown at Mayas cruel words. "Maya, it's not that simple-"

"Of course it's that simple!" She argues. Scoffing, she grabs her bag. "You know what? Whatever. Have fun with someone who doesn't care about you."

Watching Maya storm off, I let out a loud groan. "That was awkward," Mumbles Steph.

Isaac eats his sandwich, eyebrows raised. "Didn't see that coming." He confesses. "She's just mad you chose a preppy rich girl than preppy sheriffs daughter." He chuckles.

"Says the preppy douchebag." Steph mumbles, earning a punch in the arm.

Ethan pats my back. "Hey, don't listen to Maya. She's just...her." He shrugs.

I sigh, placing my hands on the table. "It's okay. I'm, uh, thinking of going back to the Salvatore school."

Jamie practically chokes on her food. "What!?"

Kyle shakes his head. "No way, dude. You can't!" He argues.

I shrug. "My parents and I talked, they think it's best I'm there. I mean, I have family there that I need right now."

"You said you were an only child."  I look back at Ethan, who looks rather confused.

"I, uh, I am, shes my cousin." I lie.

I sit in my old dorm room, Josie stepping in. "How's the unpacking?"

"Oh, I'm just happy Lizzie kept up the illusion spell when Vardemus was here." I explain. She nods, sitting on my bed. "And how are you, now that Landon's back?"

Josie clasps her hands in her lap. "It's weird. I'm happy for him and Hope, but it just is..."

"Weird?" She giggles, and I grab her hand. "I get it, Jo. But don't focus on it too much, we still have a whole lot of other important things to do."

She raises a brow. "Like?"

I sigh. "I have to help sir Landon with Sebastian. As if Landon dies he will resurrect, and I myself will have to kill Sebastian after that." I smirk. Josie nods, smiling big softly. "I love you, okay?"