five

malivore

I groan, waking up in my bed

I groan, waking up in my bed. Lizzie Saltzman walks through my bedroom door with a tray of food. "Wakey wakey, Annie." She coos. "You've been practically dead for the past two days after your last transition. But no more; we have important things to do."

"What could be more important than me sleeping off the possibility I ate some Mystic Falls townie?" I grumble.

"Josie was with you all night, I can vouch you didn't even move."

"Josie was with me?" I ask, confused.

Lizzie nods. "Don't you remember?"

I look down at my bed sheets, shaking my head. "I can only remember saying goodnight." I say quietly.

Lizzie frowns, "Well, eat up, we have a big day ahead of us."

♚

I walk down the the hall into the main room where the whole school sits. People stare at me as I walk down the rows. I spot Landon, stumbling over. "Is it just me, or does everyone literally think I murdered their mother."

"Oh no, they definitely think that"

"I've been here for two years and now they think I'm a freak show." I mutter.

Alaric looks around the group. "Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future. And I agree." I look back at Raf in surprise. "If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made. So, I am forming an honor council." The crowd begins to murmer and gossip about who should be their leaders. "One vampire, one witch and one werewolf, each elected by their peers. Along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students.

"Now, I have to go off-campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions and to vote wisely. That's all. You're dismissed."

I walk down the hall, heading back to my room to grab my things. "Anastasia!" I spin on my heel to see my mom, wearing a long legged teal jumpsuit. "I wanted to make sure you're alright, before I go."