twenty-six

kai parker screwed us

Alaric slams the steak down, pouring himself a drinks "You lied to me?" Lizzie asks her father

Alaric slams the steak down, pouring himself a drinks "You lied to me?" Lizzie asks her father. "You told me that Sebastian chose to leave the school."

"I said he made his choice. He refused to respect our rules."

"So you sent him here?" Lizzie snaps.

Sebastian, who sat behind me as he played with my hair spoke up. "He had help. There was a witch who did the spell." He explains. "Dark hair, kind eyes. Amazing accent."

Josie looks back at Dr. Saltzman. "Emma."

"How could you, Dad?"

"You can yell at me after we arm ourselves." He snaps.

"Dad, why do we need weapons so bad?" Josie asks, gesturing me to her.

Alaric turns back to her. "All you need to know is that we're in danger, and we need to find a way out now."

Sebastian speeds forward, pulling me alone. "We're in a new world now. Perhaps you are no longer the one in charge." He mocks. Suddenly, Alaric pushes me out of the way, shoving his new found stake into Sebastian's gut. Lizzie gasps, watching in terror as the vampires body collapses.

"To be clear, my daughters, Anna, and I are leaving, you are staying behind and yes, I am in charge." Dr. Saltzman growls. He glances at us for a moment, before walking away.

Josie glances at me, before pulling me along to follow Ric. "This is about Uncle Kai, isn't it? That's why you're so worried?" Dr. Saltzman doesn't answer. "I know this has to be hard for you, but you said he was desiccated."

"You don't know what he's capable of. And until I'm positive no one's set him free, I'm not taking any chances."

"Dr. Saltzman, who could have set him free?" I ask. He pulls a version of his crossbow out from under the table.

He looks at us. "I'll explain all that later. Right now, I need you to go to the meadow and get the Sandclock before anyone else finds it." He knocks over books, pulling out a sword slash dagger. "Then I need you to come back here and hide. And stay hidden." He hands Josie the sword, turning back to me. "Keep her safe, Anna."

"As always." I chime.

He walks past us, "Dad, this is all my fault." Josie blurts. "If I hadn't done black magic in the first place, we'd have never been in this mess."

Dr. Saltzman purses his lips, knowing Josie was right. "We all make mistakes." He says lowly, walking away.

We stand in the room alone, "This is really bad," Whispers Josie. "I can't believe I did this."