four

hope is not the goal

I walked down the stairs to see Sheriff Donovan in our school hall

I walked down the stairs to see Sheriff Donovan in our school hall. "...local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha." I peer over shoulders to look at pictures of the two girls.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan." Ric says. "Now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha happen...." I begin to feel an uneasy burning in my chest, causing me to grip the window sill next to me. I slowly look up, trying to refocus and find where I left my necklace last. "Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events." Alaric continues. "Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make all the difference." I hiss in pain, and a teacher gives me a questioning look.

Lizzie Saltzman stands. "Well, I guess I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day, because that is what heroes do." I roll my eyes, scoffing and then wincing once again. "So, I volunteer as tribute." She says before walking back to her seat. Kaleb, MG, and even Hope then volunteer.

I roll my eyes, standing straight. "Screw it, Ill join the Be Human For A Day Club." I say before grabbing at my chest, the burning becoming slightly too much. I bite the inside of my cheek before nodding.

Rafi and I meet after the meeting. "Are you okay?" He asks as I groan again.

"Something about my necklace. I lost it again and it's almost like something's wrong." I look around us. "But everything looks fine." I huff.

Raf pats my back. "Everything will turn out." He hums. "I'm gonna go find Landon."

I nod. "I'm gonna go...ask Josie how to be a social human being." I say, walking in the opposite way.

"Josieeee!" I squeal, seeing my good friend. "As we know, I haven't really been out in the real world." I shift on my feet. "What can you teach me about Mystic Falls teen social innuendos?"

She laughs, "Really, Annie?" I nod, and a smile creeps onto her face. "Come on, lets get you ready and then we can talk." She tilts her head to the side. "You have some clothes in your closet, right?

♚