twenty

since when do you speak japanese?

Maya and I walk down the halls of Mystic Falls High, holding hands

Maya and I walk down the halls of Mystic Falls High, holding hands. Since the game against the boarding school, Maya and I have gone on a lot more dates. We're getting along quite well.

Maybe she and I can become something more.

"And he was so mad!" I squeal, telling her about the time I just turned 15 and I set Dr. Saltzman's hair on fire.

Maya laughs, covering her stomach. "Oh my god! That's amazing!" She sighs. "I can't believe you and the principal are so close," She tells me.

I shrug, "He's helped me a lot." I say softly.

"How did you two meet?" She asks me.

I bite my tongue. "We met the first time when I was in a bad place. I was hurting people, and hurting myself." I think back to my murderous, border line ripper days. "He, he hugged me. Something I didn't experience much back then." I chuckle, remembering the moment so vividly. "A few months later, I kinda broke into a family friends house, and he helped me after that."

Maya's eyes are wide. "Wow, you sound like you've had a rough life." She says softly.

I nod slowly. "Something like that."

Can Anna Salvatore please come to the Principle's office? Can Anna Salvatore please come to the Principle's office?

"That's me," I sigh. Maya frowns at me, dropping our hands that were once connected.

"I'll see you after class?" She asks me.

I nod, "For sure." I say, turning on my heel and walking away. I feel bad, like all I've been doing is abandoning Maya.

Hope is walking down the hall in the same direction as I am. I frown, who was Hope? How did I know who she is?

I sit outside with a notebook as Hope rushes by. "Oh, hey Annie." She says, walking back towards me.

"What are you doing?" I ask her.

She rolls her eyes. "I was set to do Landon's tests, to see what he is."

"Anything?" I ask.

"Literally nothing." The girl groans as she sits next to me.

I shrug. "Just snap his neck and see if he comes back."

She snaps her head at me. "And if he doesn't?"

"We just tell Mr. Saltzman a monster came and killed him." I explain roughly.