Chapter-35 "Marriage (II) "

Bondita's POV:-

'Mehndi hai rachne waali
Haatho main gehri laali
Kahin sakhiyan......
Kahin kaliyaan.......
Haathon main khilne waali hai...
Mere man ko jeevan ko
Nayi khushiyaan milne waali hai'

Jaanu and some other girls were dancing on the song. I was sitting on a sofa and two girls were applying henna on my both the hands. I was laughing and smiling, everyone was enjoying the function. Mumma was also being applied henna.

Jaanu finished her dance and everyone clapped for her. I also wanted to clap but of course if I would clap then everything will be ruined. Jaanu sat beside me and one girl started applying henna on her hand.

"You performed well" I said to her.

"I know" She said proudly.

"Whatever! " I rolled my eyes at her.

"Whose name should I write? " The girl,applying henna on my right hand, asked me.

"Anirudh" Jaanu replied on my behalf. "Her husband. " She teased me while I blushed.

"Oh common! Now don't shy. Everyone have to do marriage. "

"Don't forget that you were also blushing like me...... no no more than me. " I glared at her.

"Ok ok " She turned towards the girl. "Write fast-  ANIRUDH"

The girl nodded and wrote Anirudh's name on my hand. After they both completed their work, Jaanu dragged me towards the stage and made me stand in the center. Then some girls surrounded me and started dancing around me, while I giggled and laughed.

Anirudh's POV:-

"No kaka I will not apply mehndi. " I stood on the bed.

Everyone was convincing me to apply henna on my hands. I mean which boy applies henna? It's for girls. Also, I don't like it's smell. Why is everyone forcing me and which type of ritual is this?

"Anirudh beta! Try to understand. It's a ritual" Maa said.

"No maa please! I don't want to attend this ritual. " I begged to her.

"Common Anirudh! You are not a child" Baba said to me.

"I know but I don't want to apply mehndi"

"Anirudh come fast or else we will have to use our force. " Kaka warned me.

"I will not come"

"Okay then"

Kaka gestured something to baba and they both surrounded me from left and right. They jumped on me to catch me but I ran away from there. They both fall down the bed. "Anirudhhhh! " They yelled and stood up to catch me while I ran away from there. They were chasing me and I was running from them.

"Anirudh stop! " Maa shouted.

"No maa please" I continued to run away from there when someone held me. It was Samar, Som and Batuk.

"Leave me! " I said to them.

"Don't leave him" Baba said from behind.

"Yes! Don't leave him. " Kaka said panting and sat on the sofa. Maa brought him a glass of water and he drank the water in a go.

"Please kaka I don't want to perform this ritual. " I struggled to get out of my brother's grip but all in vain.

"If you will not perform this ritual then you can't marry Bondita" Samar said to me and I stopped struggling.