Chapter 20. *Fake it till you make it luvs*

Nevaeh.

It's really dark outside of the cabins at night. Like really dark. Especially closer to the gate walls. The sun should be coming up soon, so at least by time I'm back to my cabin I'll be able to see. Killian's cabin is in the libra quarter, so it should be right next door to the quarter I'm in, well according to the copious amount of books I read on the signs.

I can't see it clearly but I make out the scales carved into the top of the wooden pole at the libra threshold. The one thing I read about Libra's that kept showing up was that they are very idealistic. Which makes a lot of sense when it comes to Killian, he's always coming up with new ways to irritate me.

I realize I'm at Killian's cabin when I see the welcome back banner hung on the front patio. As I get closer to the front I hear grunting sounds coming from the inside. I peek through the window next to the front door.

In the middle of the living room Killian is dancing around with a tiny remote in his hand looking at the screen. He's got this giant smile on and sweat beading down his face. The look on his face is one I haven't seen in a very long time and can barely register. He looks towards his cabin mate who's closest to the door, and who's dancing as well. Before he can spot me I quickly move out of sight. I know I had every intention of annoying him, but after seeing him smile like that I feel like it would be the worst thing in the world to take it away. I start to walk away from the patio when the door opens.

Evie.

"Wait what?!" Ollie practically shouts.

"I said, in order to get to Nevaeh we've got to steal a ship. Keep your voice down dumbass, I know it's early but keep up Ollie." I roll my eyes and grab a drink from the mini fridge.

"First off, I heard what you said its just the idea is absolutely insane. And secondly, why is it that you expect me to be able to handle this info at three in the morning?"

"I know the idea sounds insane Ollie but there isn't any other way. She's on a whole different planet, O. On top of that we also don't know who the rebels are and why they took her specifically. The only way I see it is we've got to gamble with our luck to get her back because you know without a doubt she would accomplish the impossible for us too." We both look down, Nevaeh is crazy protective of us all, the same way we are with her, so when she went missing her absence brought out that craziness in me a little.

He sighs, "Yea she would, Nevaeh's insane like that" He mouth tilting up a bit. "Lets go make the impossible possible Evie."

"That's what I'm talking about, alrighty so here's the plan..."

Cassius.

"I told you, I have no idea where she is. One minute she was with 1201 and the next she was gone."

"Yes we understand 1203. But the question wasn't where she was, it's where were you?"

Bastards. They wake me up at the ass crack of dawn for this?! I'm not telling them shit, yea I saw someone walk into the building before Nevaeh was taken and I know for a fact that they know that too. They're definitely hiding something. Something they really don't want anyone else to know.

"You know where I was. I was with the group." I reply calmly, despite being anything but.

"Were you aware that both 1201 and 1202 were together?"

"Yes, what does that have to do with anything though?"

"That isn't for you to ask 1203, know your place." He replied shortly.

It's almost like they know exactly what happened with Nevaeh. They're just looking to confirm something.

"I apologize, I hope 1202 is found and I know that the council will make sure of that."

I look straight into the mirror, not bothering trying to see through it, and I can hear something shift on the other side.

"You may be excused 1203, the council appreciates you for your time."

Well damn.

************************(~¬~)********************

"Wait, so does this mean they know?!"

"I think so Eves"

"Shit" She sighs and falls onto her bed.

I look over to Ollie who's leaning against the wall to the right of me silently brooding.

"What are your thoughts O' ?"

"My thoughts? Heh, I have no idea what to think right now." He looks up and his face is slack but his eyes...his eyes say everything.

"If they know what happened with her, that means they know where she is right?" I can see the anxiety starting to set in and I walk over to give him a hug.

He pushes me aside.

"I'm gonna go get some food in the kitchen lobby." I hear Evie say in the background and the door shuts.

"Ollie, we're gonna get Nevaeh back. With or without the Council's help."

"How?! Tell me how we're going to do that exactly, because the way I see it Cass we aren't getting her back. We are an entire planet away and I-"

Tears starts to roll down his face and he slides down to the floor on his knees.

"I can't. I can't lose her Cass. She's my sister. We're family and if we lose her, there won't be a family anymore. My first family, left me behind already. I just don't have it in me if lose another one."

I feel for O' right now because I know how it feels to lose people, especially the ones that weren't ever in your life. But there is no way in hell that he's going to lose me. No matter what.

I bend down and pry his hands off his face.

"Hey. Hey, look at me. Listen alright?"

He looks up at me with his freckles and emerald eyes and nods slightly.

"No one is ever leaving. This family? We're forever. And I can promise you I am not going anywhere. You hear me?"

He sniffles and slightly nods again. Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't stand to see him not smiling, or maybe it was just those damn emerald eyes again. But I could tell he was seeing something too. And just like that the air in the room vanished.

We just sat there staring at each other for who knows how long, until the door opened and we scrambled. We both went in opposites directions, my foot stepped on his as he was getting up and I fell on top of him.

"Hey, so they had pop tarts-"

We all looked at each other. Evie burst out into laughter and walked over to the counter.

With the widest grin on her face she asks, "So, who wants some pop tarts?"