Chapter 2

"Alright now that everyone's here we can officially start the meeting. First things first, graduation is coming up. How's everyone feeling about it?"

"Well it is 0415 in the morning Evie how do think we feel right now? Wait and who put you in charge?"

"Oh well that's easy Ollie, remind me again who's the highest ranked of us all here?"

"Yea, Evie we get it. Just get over yourself." He says rolling his eyes.

"How about you get over yourself Ollie because at this point your ass must be pretty jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth."

"Haha Evie but if you're waiting for me to care, I hope you brought something to eat, 'cause it's gonna be a real long time."

"Oh Ollie, some day you'll go far—and I really hope you stay there." She states.

Evie and Ollie haven't been the best of friends and its primarily because he acts like a complete asshole when she's around. It's weird because when we were kids Evie and Ollie were the best of friends. It's probably the fact that Ollie has always managed to push Evie's buttons, they practically siblings. He has a huge thing for Cass which he thinks is completely imperceptible but its as clear as the blinding sun to me. To Evie however not so much, so although he may see her as a sister something tells me she doesn't see it the same way.

"Okay guys, let's all please remember that we all are friends, even if we barely tolerate each other."

"Exactly and at the end of the day we will be officially undergoing the trial." Cass states with fatigue in his voice.

"Can we please just get to the point please? This is our last meeting so let's not waste it people. We're growing up, and honestly there isn't gonna be an us anymore. We'll be working for the good of the regency."

"Well damn Nevaeh, really put it out there why don't you." Ollie says.

"I mean it's just crazy how our entire lives we've been doing all of this without getting caught and this is it. This is the end."

"Yea it is the end Nevaeh, but we knew this is was gonna happen eventually. Although it may be the end, the beginning of a new story is just around the corner." Evie says.

"By the way where were you this morning? All your stuff was gone?" I say.

"I snuck out for a last look at this hell hole they call the academy."

The academy is just one of the many schools on regency. All boarding schools on this planet work in similar ways, no guardian visits and strict curfew. We aren't allowed to get out of our rooms until the first bell rings too. Even though the rules exist, we break them every time we have met as a group for the past 10 years. I do wonder though what really happens in the shadows of our dear society, what secrets does it hide?