Chapter 15.

"Honestly, I don't know what to tell you Fiona, you should've just left him sooner."

The cabin looked small on the outside but the very opposite on the inside. The living room being the first room that you enter into with the kitchen on the left. The stairs are right by the doorway leading up to the second floor that the rooms are on. I realize that the voice I heard when I opened the door is the voice of the girl sitting on the back patio. 

I beeline towards the kitchen and open up the fridge, and I would be lying to myself if I didn't say that this fridge is one of the best stocked refrigerators I have ever seen. Compared to my dorm at the academy, the cabin is also very spacious making me feel like I could be comfortable here almost happy. I have to focus on trying to get back to the barrier though. 

The fridge was filled up with a lot of new foods that were very unfamiliar to me but I did see some fruit so I put them in a bowl and decided to introduce myself  to patio girl. 

As I got closer to the door to the patio I could hear more of the conversation. 

"No can do hun I've got myself a situation at my cabin. Ley told me I was getting a roommate and that I should help her get used to things which I honestly can't understand. The fact that I live with someone is bad enough, but to be a babysitter too?"

Hearing that I froze with my hand on the door handle, and decided that I should probably just go check out my room upstairs. I didn't have the energy to deal with someone as draining as her, not today at least. 

The hallway on the second floor looked familiar and I had sudden realization that it was very similar to the hallway where I was taken. "Hello lovely", remembering the last words I had heard before passing out the whisper being very hard to forget. 

The window at the end of the hall shown the camp below and passersby, everyone seemed so calm yet when I was passing through with Ley I felt a very determined and motivated vibe in the air. It was almost as if they were always prepared for anything. 

I moved away from the window and went towards the second on the left out of the four that were there. The room wasn't decorated much but I could tell that this was patio girl's room based off of the stuff that was in the room. That meant that the three other rooms were empty since I was her only roommate. I picked the door on the right that was closest to the window at the end of the hall, just so that I could stay a good distance from her room. I opened the door to the room and it looked empty which reminded me a lot of my dorm at the academy. After exploring my room to find that my stuff and clothes had already arrived and left in my closet I explored the other two. I was surprised to see that one of them was actually a bathroom, and that the other was more of a storage room. I find it odd that my stuff had already been put in the closet of the room I picked because how did they know what room I would choose?  

I finished the bowl of fruit and went down the stairs to put it up for wash but I realized that they probably didn't have a Frankie. So I decided to just put in the dishwasher. I know if Evie were here she would've flipped at the amount of food in the cabin, and ollie would been hurt by the lack of tech. He probably would've tried to install a Frankie for the cabin. The AI was in every home or living arrangement in the barriers, it helped with everything that needed to be dealt with at the house. We had one at the academy, but it wasn't meant to be used by students just to enforce schedule changes and times like curfew. 

I also wonder how Cass is doing, if he was here he'd probably be trying to get Ollie to stop bickering with Evie. They constantly bicker with each other and I think its really because Ollie sees her as more of a sister figure. He's also always had a thing for Cass and tries to hide but its completely transparent to me.  I hope they're okay, I miss them a lot and I want to get back to them. I could care less about the barriers or this camp I just care about keeping my friends safe and honestly we were already trying to find a way to escape. Society is way too much to handle even on a good day.