Chapter 24. *Damn, It isn't like I need it, but I do very much want it. (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

PREVIOUSLY ON... CELESTIAL BEAUTY

Louis figures out where Sadie's mission really was, and gets worried about her.Nevaeh meets with her aunts about the rescue mission.Louis + Ley exit the Elder's library. Ollie & Cass have a moment. (>ω^)CEO(Cass, Evie, + Ollie) all find out about the commander's plan.The Grey's have a capture on sight order for Nevaeh.

******

MEANWHILE...

NEVAEH.

"Alright so we what are we going to do?"

"Well honey, we have to wait and get some sort of transmission back from them. Until then, we think it's best if we focus on you."

I have no idea how to talk to my aunts. I mean, it's not like I can just start saying my opinion to people I literally didn't know existed before today.

"Focus on me?" I ask. There isn't a need to focus on me, I just want to find my friends.

"My little semayi, you haven't taken the test yet." I question the name for moment, but let it go.

"What test?"

"The prophecy trial."

"Prophecy trial?" I repeat.

"The prophecy trial is a test to figure out one's own sign, and future. It helps set you on your own path."

"My sign? Why is it so important." I ask.

"My dear, the signs are very important they help you with your future and they give you abilities."

Abilities?

She sees the confusion on my face and softens. "All will be understood, soon."

******

The knock at the cabin door could not have come any sooner. I turn down the holo tv and get off the couch.

I swing open the door and see Killian smiling from ear to ear.

"What are you doing here?" I grunt out.

"Wow, I'm hurt." He says with a mockingly upset face. "No, Good morning Killian? Or at least, hey, how you doing?"

I roll my eyes and swing the door shut, but he catches it before it closes.

"Nevaeh, we need to talk." He says seriously this time.

"Fine." I leave the door open as I walk to the kitchen. "Close the door."

He sits at the kitchen table, while I make some toast for breakfast.

"Okay so, the elders briefed on the plan and everything right?"

"Um, I wouldn't call what they have a plan. It's more like a lot of patience." I shrug.

I try to hide my anger about the Elder's decisions with indifference, but I blindly grab the toast too soon out of the toaster.

"Shit!" I drop the toast, and try to shake off my burn.

"Here." Killian appears right beside me and presses a cool hand towel on my hand. After a little bit he takes it off and dries the spot.

"All better." He smirks. His hand is still holding onto mine though, and when I look him in the eye I find him already staring.

"Uh thanks." I stammer.

His eyes go dark for a moment and his hand slowly starts to go up my arm. I sharply inhale a breath, and for a moment everything stops.

I start to shake a little and that when he jumps back.

"Um, I-" He sits back at the table, and I notice his hand is shaking before he hides it under the table. "I'm sorry about that, I, uh-" He trails off.

"You needed to talk to me?" I say, and try to move on from the moment. Whatever the hell that moment was.

He looks up, and refocuses. "Yes, yes I did. So, what did you think about the plan?"

I'm about to answer when I realize what he's doing. He must know that I don't agree with my aunts and that I'm planning to do something on my own. I mean it's either that or he's just asking. But nobody just asks anymore. Especially not Killian.

"It's fine." I shrug, feigning indifference.

"It's fine, huh?" Killian smirks. He rests his head on his arm, squinting. "Well I mean if it is so fine, then why do I have a feeling you're about to do something you shouldn't?"

I scoff. "You literally always feel like that, Killian. Especially whenever I try to do anything."

"Thats because newbie all you've ever done is prove me right. And plus it's not like you've ever given me a guarantee that you won't do something insane."

I pause before, spreading cream cheese on another piece of toast. "What am I supposed to do? Assure you that, I'm not going to go looking for the only people I trust right now? The people I have spent the entirety of my existence with?" I feel panic starting to claw its way up my throat. My vision goes a bit watery, and damn it if I don't get frustrated.

No matter how many times I try to fight it, my hopelessness just keeps coming back. It's as though I know how to swim but I drown anyway, sinking, and sinking, and sinking in a bottomless ocean.

My hands start trembling again, but this time from something that doesn't excite me. Instead it frightens me, and that fear has me tied down even in my own body. Unable to move, and unable to think.

I can hear Killian move in the background, and slowly move towards me. Almost as if, I'll run off or break down at any second, but I know the real reason. I saw it earlier in his eyes afterwards, I saw how scared he was of himself.

"Hey." He whispers. His breath on my neck, my mind begins to clear. I start to think of how close his mouth is to mine, and that if I turned around right now would our mouths touch?

"You're going to find your friends, and they're going to be just fine, if not even better." I can feel his hopeful smile without even looking at it.

"You don't know that, what if-"

"You don't know anything either, so lets just focus on how you're going to find them. Alright?"

I inhale and exhale. Once. Twice. Three times.

"Alright." I mutter.

"Alright." He nudges me softly in the side before layering the toast. "Now, why don't you tell me a little more about this plan that you have, hm? I would love for an invite." That smirk of his back on his face.

He finishes the toast and takes a bite. I roll my eyes a bit.

"And why would I ever invite you?"

"Well, not because you need me, that's for sure. But because you can't help, but want me."

"You're insufferable."

"Of course, I am. All apart of the charm." He winks.

Maybe it's the fact that he sees me as I am. Or maybe it really is all the charm, but whatever it is he has a point. I do want him, and I wish I could deny it.

******