Chapter 4.

Space Grey is the official color for the Regency, so naturally this means that everyone who live in the barrier city wears the uniform and its color. Each planet in the Regency's district has an official color. Media, the planet that consists of jobs that have to do with information is red. The Arts is a planet similar to Media, but it deals a lot with skill and craftwork, the color for it is orange. Family is the blue planet, Culture is yellow, Science is green, Death is purple, and Thought is white.

Walking into the Spaceport for the first time was interesting. The Academy was always strict about going past the gate, they said that we hadn't taken the trial yet, so we didn't have work permits. I guess that's all going to change soon. The trial begins today and with it a whole new set of responsibilities. It starts with a trip to each of the 7 planets and ends with a test. I have a feeling some of us won't make it though, that not all 250 of us are going to be assigned to a planet, or to a career. It's just a feeling though, what I'm really not looking forward to is the part where all the kids are allowed to meet with their guardians for a goodbye. It's just another reminder of how I don't have any. The regency allows these types of things to boost morale with us and make us truly see how much they care about us. They're also allowing a party on the first and last nights of the trial, and it's also tradition to have the parties. The events are unsupervised by the staff, so it represents how we are growing up and are being trusted by them.

I walk past students who were hugging their guardians and saying goodbye. The Nova ship was giant on the inside, it was like walking into a gigantic mall that was converted into a home. I shouldn't be surprised though because they taught us at the academy how the ships are known for their indoor magnitude.

As I walked into the nova a staff member handed me a ticket with my number and room symbol. The room was closest to the kitchen if I continued walking down it, and in between two other rooms. On the outside it didn't look like much but on the inside, it had an amazing view through a bay window. On the right a bed and the left, a tv connected to a bookshelf. The walls were grey for now, but we were told that they would change as we visited each planet.

I hear footsteps towards my room which means my neighbors must be getting situated. That's when I realize they didn't stop next door, I turn around and - "Hello 1202, nice to see you again."