Chapter 3.

After the meeting had ended, we all made our way back to our dorms. I packed and laid down on my bed hoping to get some sleep in. I should've known how futile that endeavor would be because Nightmares don't just stop, at least they haven't for me. I can still remember them, my parents, though the memories aren't completely clear I can still envision their laughter and the way they would secretly call me Nevaeh when no one could hear us. Of course, this was when I was five so, I was allowed to see them much more often, but still not often enough. The memory I can vividly recall the best though was the night before they died...

**************

Hushed voices were coming from the living room downstairs

"We have to go now David; they know what we've been up to. They'll take her away and make her just like everyone else."

"I know Jess, but we have to go ahead and make sure it's still open, we have to help the others. If we don't what's the point? We made a promise and now we have to uphold it."

I quietly go down the stairs to hear better, but my parents see me.

"Nevaeh? Sweetheart, what's wrong? Did you have another nightmare?"

"Yea."

"Alrighty come here, tell us what happened."

"I don't want to talk about it" I say and cross my arms.

"Okay but then you'll miss out the ice cream party your Dad and I were just about to have" she says in her sing song voice.

"But won't I have to go back to bed afterwards? Ice cream won't help."

"Nevaeh don't you worry about going back to sleep we have to go on a field trip anyways" my dad says with a smirk. He picks me up and twirls me around as my mom gets the ice cream out of the freezer. He sets me down on the couch in between him and my mom. She starts to hand me a spoon and then takes it back.

"Uh-uh not so fast trickster. You remember the deal." She says smiling.

"Okay well, it was about how my teacher found out you guys called me Nevaeh instead of 505, and they took you both away."

My parents shared a look and for a split second I could see them realizing something very important. I just didn't know what it was exactly.

"Well sweetie I'll have you know that that is not going to happen, and you wanna know why?"

"Why?"

"Because trickster, Teacher doesn't deserve to know your real name." My dad says with a little frown.

"Okey dokey sweetie, why don't we go upstairs real quick to help you pack for that field trip. Try to go to sleep on the couch."

"Alright love you both"

"And we love you, our little trickster."

**************

That was the last time I saw them. They disappeared and were pronounced dead due to road injuries after discovered in a vehicle that was run off the road. I've always asked why they left without me, and wondered where were we going to go?