Troubled

The Woshua died under the blade, dust scattering with their last desperate cry of fear. A Moldsmol not far off started sliding away in terror, only for them to follow, easily catching up with the slow jello and cutting them down with nothing more than a panicked wiggle.

They could do nothing, their actions were not, he was not in control, he wasn't in control, he couldn't stop- couldn't stop, they were all dying and it was all his fault-
Somebody. Somebody.
Help. Please. Somebody stop me, please! PLEASE! HELP ME! HELP ME! HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME K̶̛̘̖̤͉͕͎͆̈̊̔̔̓Ǐ̵̹̟̤̱̑̐͆̑̀̚L̶͓͔̱̳͗̍̈́̀͘L̵̲̬̺͉̝̜̲͉̮̅͠ ̸̰̞̌͑͛̓̅̏̆̚M̷̛͔̳̦̙͛̍̚E̵̡͔͓͔̬͍͗̑̆͂̅̎͌͜!

He jolted awake, gasping.
It took a minute or so for him to realize where he was.
He was on the ground, leaning against the rock wall behind him, Papyrus beside him with a blanket draped over the both of them as the sky lit up all around the mountain. It was beautiful. And it was nothing like that horrific nightmare that had shocked him awake.

Sans clutched his shirt, bewildered and confused.
"..Frisk?"
Nothing but birdsong answered him.
Luckily for his scattered and spooked thoughts, he noticed a familiar transparent silhouette floating about the edge of the cliff. Sans blinked, then carefully extricated himself from the blanket without disturbing Papyrus so he could head over.

"Heya, Nappy."
The ghost flinched, then faced him, spirit headphones slipping off his head.
"𝙷𝚒, 𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚜…"
"You okay, buddy?"
"𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑.. 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚌…"
"You up for conversation?"
"𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠.. 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞.."
"Trust me buddy, you're not being a bother."
"...𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚑…"

Napstablook slid his headphones off, offering them to Sans to listen to. He regarded them for a moment, then shrugged, picking them up with blue magic and setting them on his own skull.

It started with an awkward strumming of a guitar, then turned to a chill beat, guitar playing alongside it calmly. Napstablook cautiously phased through Sans to listen as well, to which he just sat on the ledge and stared out at the view and the distant ocean beyond.

The breeze gently brushed his jacket, whistling faintly as it whooshed into the cavern behind him. The mountaintop blocked the early morning rays from him and a good portion of forest ahead of him, trees swaying with a dull roar of creaking wood and shuffling leaves.

He could just vibe here for an hour or so with this tune bouncing around in his skull, doing nothing at all.
But then.

"I feel cold,
Under the sun.
Even when the pain is gone, I know,
Names written in ice will melt away..
Just as I have done.."

He smiled.
"Nice music." He murmured.
"𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜.."

He kicked his feet to the beat and watched the trees rolling in the wind, towers gleaming in the sunlight miles away.

When the soft voice sang again, he murmured along.
"I feel cold,
Under the sun.
Even when the pain is gone, I know-
Names written in ice will melt away..
Just as I have done."

He let his sockets slide shut, swaying side to side.
It was a nice moment in time, safe and free.
A moment where anxiety could be forgotten, if only for a little while.