Explain In the Sunlight

((Ittt'sss krimnas eva, so y'all know what that means..))

Their group was wandering aimlessly through the dripping caverns, most in awe of the dreamy place as well as searching for a certain skeleton. A few awkwardly called out his name, following a fish woman as she marched through the marsh, girlfriend under arm. Papyrus was at the back, watching the group as they all hunted through the watery grounds dotted with pools and scattered streams all over the place, glowing their iconic cyan.
Then from the brother himself: "Look! I see him!"

Everyone turned around, before quickly facing where he pointed.
"Papyrus, what are you talking about? There's nothing but.. what is that thing?" Undyne paused. Papyrus beamed, already heading over. "It's his pet attack! He loves spoiling himself with them when he thinks no one is looking, but I see him!"

Undyne hesitated, confused. She shared a look with Alphys, surprised at how everyone else was racing ahead. Candara was the first to arrive at the odd floating creature skull, the thing turning to face him even as he bent over, muttering angrily as he tugged off one shoe.

The rest were close behind. "Is there anything he doesn't have?!" Bodoni exclaimed in disbelief.
"Dude, what is that." Undyne deadpanned.
"Sans's special, special attack." Papyrus explained patiently, frowning at the floating thing as it regarded them all with an odd intelligence and fear- no.. a timidness.

"What does it do, bite lazily? It looks cool as hell though." Undyne muttered, impressed. "Why have we never seen this thing?"
"Well of course, Sans is too lazy to ever use them. Not even once! He just brings them out to pet them!"
"Youcanpetit-" Constantia burst, eyelights stars.

"Hey, you're skeletons. Is this normal?" Undyne asked them. Papyrus seemed slightly insulted by that statement, but the expression was gone as quickly as it came, Bodoni speaking up in a slightly awed face.
"I don't know any easy way to say this, but.. it means you two are related to the old dragons. Back when they weren't really monsters!"
"WHAT!" Papyrus screeched.
"DRAGONS?!" Undyne roared in equal disbelief- as well as amazement.

"Yeah! That's the biggest skullsummon I've ever seen!"
"It's huge and I want to ride it!" Spade hopped up and down.
Candara just careened to one side before collapsing, Papyrus catching him with blue magic just before he hit the ground.
"Is he okay?" Constantia asked.
"I'm sure he's fine, I'd faint too if I found out all this stuff and being related to dragons!" Cabana gestured wildly.

"Papyrus, have you two been holding out on me?!" Undyne shouted despite being beside him. Papyrus suddenly underwent a complete attitude swing. He went silent, unnervingly so, before switching back to normal unnaturally quickly.
"I doubt Sans is even capable of using them properly."
"𝙷𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗."

Everyone yelped at the voice that emanated from the skull, several of them hopping away.
"It talks?!" Undyne yelled.
"IT SHOULDN'T!" Papyrus hollered, still in some weird karate position.

"𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚝.." It drifted backwards, eyelights staring to the side.
"Wait.. Napstablook?" Undyne questioned in disbelief.
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢, 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚞𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚍.."
"Wait, how did you- you're possessing an attack?" She pressed, relaxing from her stance.
"𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚙𝚒𝚍.. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸'𝚟𝚎 𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚠…"

"Hey, you haven't ruined a damn thing! You're actually pretty badass right now." She bent over and scooped up a rock. "Would you let me wake the lazy ass?"
Napstablook blinked the skull with a faint scraping sound, lowering as close to the ground as he could manage. Undyne proceeded to hurl the stone, to which it struck bone with a simultaneously satisfying and concerning crack.