A Rocky Restart

(( >:3 ))

Asriel blinked at the strange hovering structure drifting in from outside, an orangey figure standing at the front where something stuck out from the bottom. He was crouched down in the hollow behind the ledge, unsure of what it was but assuming it was humans.

He could hear voices as it approached, details becoming clearer. Whatever the thing was, it's sides were ridged, the ends of the walls interlocking with the ceiling and floor. Other than that, it was boxy, the front wall sloping backwards from the floor.

Asriel stared suspiciously, afraid of the strangers getting into something they couldn't handle by entering the den of the dragon that might not like humans and monsters. He remembered the enormous, rumbling voice that had echoed up from below, words blending together in low, earthshaking tones.

As the structure passed, he suddenly recognized the pale figure beneath their clothes, the strange white object and the ridges it was built from.
Bones.
A skeleton?

"Hey! You're- I thought you were a human, don't go down there!" He leapt up to shout.
The craft jolted to a stop, then backed up, coming closer. He could see the reds, yellows and browns of the skeleton's outfit, orange eyelights regarding him.

Suddenly, more faces emerged from the entrance of the craft, most notably a pair of lightless sockets he knew all too well.
"Papyrus?"

Papyrus stared at him with wide sockets, tense in a way he had never seen the other before.
"Prince.. Asriel?" He hesitated briefly on the name.
"Yeah, that's me. I know it's a lot to explain, but you can't go down there right now, there's a dragon- PAPYRUS!"
He and several others lunged even as he threw himself off the craft, running in the air at absurd speeds.

Asriel jumped, wings bursting forth even as the orange one took off running on air as well, several others flying on bones, everyone yelling.
The shouts bounced off the rock walls, filling the tunnel with a cacophony of voices even as Papyrus was emerging into the main chamber.

The prince entered just as the first stranger was tackling his friend, both falling to the hard ground before a skeleton in teal threw his hand out and they were blue.
Papyrus was screaming, the haunting, incoherent cries splintering off the walls, words lost amidst the noise.

A high-pitched twang then caught his attention, leading his eyes to the sight of the giant rainbow, feathered beast standing on four wings on the other side of the cavern, staring with stark white eyes. He couldn't make out it's expression before a blue dragon erupted from below, eyes blazing yellow, silver, cyan and red, snarling.

The guttural sound raged through the cavern, wings flaring open as it flew towards them.
"OH SHIT-" The one Asriel remembered was a lost cousin screamed, turning and bolting away, a few others copying the action.

The orange one then flung out a hand, flames roaring as a wall formed, quickly resolving into patterns. The blue dragon landed, claws screeching on stone as a throaty growl lanced through the air. Asriel landed to the side, paws on his head in panic.
"Wait! Please, wait! It's okay, no one's hurting anybody!" He shrieked frantically.

"Where is Sans?! Where is my brother?! Please!" Papyrus then screamed, tears running down his face. The rage on the dragon's face abruptly died, recoiling as blue overtook their multicolored eyes.

Anger drained away now, they quietly stepped forward, passing through the flames as though they weren't there, the blazes dissipating shortly after. Asriel jogged over, briefly noticing the others pausing near the tunnel, staring anxiously.
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐠𝐨."

Wordlessly, he cooperated, stepping away as Papyrus stiffened, clearly recognizing the voice before a talon wrapped around him and pressed him to the dragon's broad chest.
In that moment, blue scales vanished, leaving bones behind.