Cult?

((I've decided to try updating this every other Monday. Let's see how long that lasts, lol!))

He was skimming through the sea, shark tail in his jaws as he raced the sea serpent through the shoal of silvery fish.
She was gulping dozens at a time, zigzagging about in erratic patterns.

There was a distant thought of having a burger flickering in his mind before he snapped up the leftovers in his maw.
Moyoletic turned and swam around him, long body looping through the water as her eyes glittered in amusement. He snapped playfully back, jaws thudding just inches from her side.

She eyed him, confused at first. He had the gall to look chagrined at her bewilderment.
Her jaw unhinged and clicked back into place as she considered her options.
Then she lunged.

He simply vanished, the dislocated water collapsing into the vacuum and throwing off her precise aim and sending her wildly adrift for a few seconds.

Twisting around, Moyoletic spotted him staring at her a little ways off. The silver in his eyes had vanished, the yellow greatly diminished and replaced by the previously minimal blue. He was studying her as though she'd threatened him.
"∂ι∂ ι вєнανє ιηαρρяσρяιαтєℓу?" She finally asked.

There was a distant confusion in those eyes before recognition slowly came to him.
"𝐈.. 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠."
Well that explanation made no sense.
"αяє уσυ ωєℓℓ? тнαт ιѕ qυιтє αη σ∂∂ тнιηg тσ ƒσяgєт."
"𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐞, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮." He sighed into the brine, bubbles flowing around his head.
"𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝."
"αн. ι ѕєє." She replied, though unconvinced.

They resumed their path, swimming at a higher speed than before. The strange, cheery moment had passed, and Moyoletic was rather disappointed to see it go.
But as inexplicably as it had come, it had gone. At least it gave her much to ponder.

"∂σ уσυ яємємвєя уσυя нσмє вєƒσяє мσηѕтєяѕ?" She asked after some hour or so of almost peaceful silence.
Sans slowly blinked back into the present, the yellow that had been growing in his eyes fading back to the edges.

"𝐈 𝐝𝐨." He said quickly before correcting himself.
"𝐒𝐚𝐞𝐜𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐮𝐧'𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧. 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"
"уєѕ, тнαт ιѕ ωнαт ι мєαηт. у'zαтαé нαѕ яєѕтσяє∂ тнσѕє мємσяιєѕ?"
He nodded, the movement causing him to bob up and down in the current briefly.

"𝐈𝐭.. 𝐇𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐀𝐜𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐚. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬.. 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐄𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐞, 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤? 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐟. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞, 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧.. 𝐈.. 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰.." He trailed, voice adopting a weary, exhausted tone.

Sans huffed a cloud of bubbles into the water and then surfaced for air again, continuing.
"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐟 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐢𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐫'𝐬 𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞. 𝐈𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞.. 𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐭. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬, 𝐚 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲.... 𝐀 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐭𝐨𝐨.." Again, he fell to a murmur, as if pondering his own memories.