Spooky Scary S-

"I'm Sans. Sans the skeleton."

She was frozen for a split second, then without a sound she launched backwards up the stairs, scrambling frantically with choking gasps.
"Wait I'm not- I come in peace!" He cried, startled by the reaction. "Kid, please!" He took a step up.
"My hand!"

"Oh crap she took your hand?" Bodoni asked in alarm.
"I need it!" He yelped as she ducked into a room and slammed the door with a short scream following shortly after, the ceiling thudding repeatedly as Sans cried out, doubling over.

Papyrus panicked, surging forward before Bodoni stopped him. "We'll make it worse!"
The mother was already halfway upstairs, shouting. Instead, he grabbed Sans, who was trembling.

There was chaos for several seconds before he gasped and his missing hand reappeared in place, glove wrenched partway off as it appeared misshapen, a white fragment poking through the palm.
"I-I was. Not. Expecting that." He wheezed, hand shaking.

"Oh fuck." Bodoni noticed the mangled limb.
"Shit, couch, couch." Thomas gestured across the landing, Papyrus promptly leaping over it into another room, finding said furniture and sitting down with Sans groaning in his lap, already crying reddish tears in panic as he struggled to heal the obvious damage.

"No, no, take the glove off!" Bodoni whispered harshly, gently taking the arm away and tugging off the cloth as delicately as possible. When the crunched and partly shattered metacarpals were revealed, Papyrus whimpered, immediately moving to start healing them. Bodoni helped, grimacing as Sans shuddered.

"Why.. does it hurt worse than before.." He mumbled.
"I'm worried about why your blood is glowing." Bodoni murmured.
"That's. Just a thing now I guess." He chuckled weakly. "Fuck." A spasm ran through his arm.
"Okay, I'm going to take your arm off for a moment, okay?" Bodoni explained gently.
"Don't bother." Sans grunted, trying to sit up.
"It takes too much energy to heal. Let.. let me deal with it."

"Are you crazy." Bodoni shot him a look, and Sans merely met his gaze, staring.
"Go ahead. You'll see." He twitched, eyelights dropping as he groaned.
Constantia shoved his leftover sundae in his face. "You need it more than me."
Sans pushed it away with his uninjured hand.
"It's hunan food, it won't do anything."

"It.. what?" He was shocked, staring at it.
"No magic, no nothing." Sans coughed, finally sitting upright.
"Sans, no." Papyrus held him tighter.
"Damnit, Paps, where's their backyard? I- we can deal with this, just give me space."
"Sans, you're hurt." He whispered.
"I know, bro. I've been getting hurt. It takes a lot to heal now, it's just a thing."
"You've never been hurt before- you couldn't!"
"That changed. Lotta things did."

He suddenly appeared across the room, in front of a large TV hanging from the wall. Papyrus launched to his feet, stiff.
"Don't worry, you'll see what I'm doing." He smiled softly before glancing through the archway into the next room, vanishing again.

Everyone was running after him, finding him flashing from the next room and blue light appearing through a distant window.
By the time they piled into each other and slid in front of a back door, a deep rumbling shook the ground, the evening air blazing with cerulean light as a dragon appeared, eyes blazing.

A moment later, Bodoni cried out in shock as the arm in his hands vanished, the winged reptile curling in on itself with a whine, scales vanishing to reveal bones.

Multiple hands scrabbled simultaneously for the doorknob before a human one gripped it, unlocking it and throwing it open. Everyone spilled outside, mostly frantic as they tripped over each other on the deck, several falling over, dragged down by a human, much heavier than all the skeletons combined.