A lot of timeskips and POV jumping because I'm as lazy as Sans

The giant eagle cawed irritably, glancing out across the beasts under his protection before turning to preen the brown feathers on the topside of his left wing.
"ɴᴏ, ɪ ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ."

The blue dragon sighed in frustration and disappointment. "𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐭𝐳𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞?"
Here the thunderbird paused, yellow eyes locking on him.
"𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐥?"

The bird clacked his beak shut for a moment, considering. After a minute, he lifted a talon thoughtfully. "ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪꜱ ᴏɴᴇ.. ʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ, ᴡʜᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴇʀʀɪᴛᴏʀʏ ᴄᴏɴꜱɪꜱᴛᴇᴅ ʟᴀʀɢᴇʟʏ ᴏꜰ ɪꜱʟᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏᴜᴛʜᴇᴀꜱᴛᴇʀɴ ꜱᴘᴜʀ. ɪ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ʜɪꜱ ɴᴇꜱᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴇ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪꜱʟᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏᴜᴛʜᴇᴀꜱᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ."
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐞?"
"ʏᴇꜱ, ᴀɴ ɪꜱʟᴀɴᴅ ꜱʜᴀᴘᴇᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ." He bobbed his head, sketching in the earth an erratic shape that did indeed hold some semblance to a whale on it's side.

The thunderbird, Citlali, then began sketching out an island to the right of the Whale.
"ᴅᴀᴍʙᴀʟʟᴀʜ ʀᴏᴏꜱᴛᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜɪꜱ ᴍᴀᴛᴇ, ᴀʏɪᴅᴀ. ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏꜱᴇ ᴛᴏ Qᴜᴇᴛᴢᴀʟᴄᴏᴀᴛʟ, ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜᴇ ᴍᴀʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɢʀᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ʜɪꜱ ꜱᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴀʀʏ. ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ, ɪ ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ. ɪ ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ, ꜱᴀᴇᴄꜱʜɪᴜɴ."

"𝐍𝐨, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮." Sans murmured, studying the map. "𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐮𝐫? 𝐀 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐚?"
"ʏᴇꜱ."
"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧." He nodded, taking off out of the now sinkhole rather than underground cave, flying off in the presumed direction.
Now what peninsula is there in the southeast?
All I can think of is Florida, but I don't know what islands are past that.
Hey, I've always wanted to visit Florida. He thought as he winged his way towards a possible answer.

. • ° . • ° . • °

Their talons raked across the earth, carving furrows in the dirt as he walked. Two weeks. They hadn't eaten in two weeks, and it hurt.
The problem was, really, that they didn't know what to eat as a dragon.

Well they knew that a dragon hunted, but none of them wanted to kill and eat something. It just felt wrong. So they'd pushed it away until they couldn't anymore.
Now they were starving and had no choice but to find something.
So they dragged their claws and strode wearily on the ground somewhere in the woods of the southern US.

Why did I have to feel hungry?? I'm supposed to be dead! I didn't sign up this!
Now's where you draw the line?
Yes! I'm hungry!
We're all in the same boat here. Well, dragon.
They paused at the sight of something shuffling a little to their right. A heavy musk drifted over them, oddly enticing.

I'd rather steal food. Sans decided.
𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚍𝚘 𝚠𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑? Napstablook pointed out innocently.
The dragon scowled, thinking about the unfair quantities as they glimpsed the sheer size of what appeared to be a boar, shaggy tuft on its back waggling with every step.

They stopped moving, standing stock-still as they gazed after the wild pig, listening to its grunts as it snuffled through the undergrowth.
We could probably raid a backyard barbecue somewhere. Sans suggested.
How would we do that without starting some kind of mass panic?
I can just put a pause on things.
Oh. Right. I forgot that.
How about you, Nappy?
The dragon inched closer, downwind of the boar.
...Nappy?
Napstablook?