Haunting

((D O U B L E U P D A T E.
In all seriousness, though. I hope all of you reading this have a happy holidays.))

Bodoni stared at the screen even as Sans vanished from it, feeling faint. Someone found a chair and fell into it, hard.
"Can.. Can we even believe him?" Constantia whispered nearby.

"I mean, cross-referencing the facts would be difficult given the circumstances he described, but I'm sure.. we can ask Asriel? Since he appears to be involved.. I think he's telling the truth." He muttered, still feeling largely breathless.

"... We've been hanging with someone with a human Soul on hand." Spade noted weakly with an audible shudder. Bodoni dared to take his eyelights off the screen and turn around, seeing the fuzz-loving skeleton sitting on the floor.
"Are you okay?"
"I don't know. How long- how long was he planning on never telling anyone? That's.. it's scary."

"He is kind of scary." Constantia clarified, sitting in a chair in the unkempt lab space.
"I don't feel safe here." Cabana stated, rubbing her arms.
"Guys, just because he's a bit scary doesn't make him a bad guy, he-" Triton cut off as everyone faced him.
"He killed children." Cabana murmured.

"Did he have a choice?" Bodoni demanded with surprising force. "He was ordered by a king we were told was dead! Not to mention- complete genocide! It's a wonder he's not already off the rocker!"
"He was all alone." Constantia frowned, hugging himself.

"Guys, this is real life, not a movie. He has a human Soul at his disposal and he's killed multiple times before, and recently." Cabana explained severely.
"Cab, no sane person would just let a mindless evil kill everything they love over and over without fighting back. He said it didn't have a Soul." Bodoni explained.

"And the humans? He openly admitted to killing some without feeling any remorse for them."
"At the time, he said he regretted that! You cannot seriously be judging someone raised in this disparate Underground! He was completely alone, what can you expect?"
"He knew exactly what he was doing! His dad created something horrible and we're apparently standing next to it like it's nothing!"

"Guys, can we refrain from judging him so harshly? I'd rather take this to an expert." Spade admitted fretfully.
"What, a judge?" Cabana asked.
"Yeah."
Bodoni glanced at the screen, at Candara staring into a sunset he had never before witnessed.
"I think that would be best."

"We don't even know if this side has judges." Cabana pointed out.
"If it turns out it doesn't, we can take this case to ours."
"And how do you plan on explaining this to anyone?" Perpetua spoke up. "It sounded as though he- and the Prince- are the only ones who know anything. Not to mention all the business surrounding this hidden Underground with the Barrier broken." He glanced at the screen with a touch of wonder, gazing into the sunset.

"We'll get to it when we get to it." Bodoni sighed, pinching his nasal bone. "Complications, complications." He muttered under his breath.

They all paused when they heard footsteps on gravel, another figure scuttling into view onscreen. "C-C-Candara? You don't happen to have any o-o-of your friends' n-numbers, do you?"
He blinked at her, taking a second to process the information before flinching and reaching for his device.

"I do, but why? Isn't everyone at your place in the lava zone?"
"H-H-Hotland, a-and yes. I was just realizing they're missing the sunset, a-a-and my equipment could technically let them watch i-it live."
Bodoni was already calling Candara.

Both of them flinched as the ringtone blared. "Oh, one of them's actually calling right now." He picked up.
"Hey Bo, what's up? You're on speaker by the way, I ha-" "I know."
Candara blinked as Alphys straightened.
"Wait, w-was it already-"
"No, I just noticed your surveillance system and messed around before finding this one."