Beast of Bone

((Happy New year!))

Asriel slowly blinked as things slowly took shape again, warm greys forming at the borders of his vision, before a white bubble became visible around them in a short radius. Sans was stuck with his hand still holding on to another's, revealing a cat monster with dark brown fur and vivid yellow eyes. A white lab coat peeked out from under his pale green jacket, a hole at the left knee of his jeans.

He smiled softly, a chuckle escaping him. "You with Determination. Who would have thought it could do so much more than devastation?" He rubbed Sans's skull kindly, said skeleton still frozen in shock. "Shocking how you've managed to hold the Void at bay. But you need to leave. Ándele."

He let go then, leaving something in Sans's grasp as the world flashed white- leaving behind the grey echo Asriel was more familiar with, standing just beyond the white barrier around them, a glowing white platform stretching out a few feet beyond and ending in directionless static grey.

Something black heaved itself onto the platform, revealing a shapeless mass that pooled around Ollie's feet, lifting a white oval up to- a face. A cracked, empty face with a smile that held no mirth regarded them, mouth and.. eyes? All were only holes in a white ovoid shape attached to a black slime.

Finally, Sans jolted back to life, backpedaling from the sight. "Wh- the hell-" He spun around, taking in the bleak surroundings in horror as other figures of grey stood just beyond his bubble of white light.
"Sans, we gotta go." Asriel whimpered in Flowey's voice. "I don't like this. I don't like it at all."

"I know, I know, I don't like it either." Sans replied with a tremor, pausing at the sight of one young child that resembled MK.
"Ki-"
"You cannot stay here. You will all become like us. Begone, Sans the skeleton, Frisk the human. Napstablook, Dreemurs. You do not belong here."

"Yep, I'm leaving." Sans decided, the bubble closing down on them as blue flashed and everything went dark.

. • ° . • °

The world exploded in white again, except this time it quickly resolved into color- warm colors, glowing vividly as they flew over a rail towards the magma far below. He screamed, clinging to Sans and immediately realizing that the skeleton was unconscious- screaming louder as he threw out vines back the way they came.

He felt his red-stained Soul stop when they slipped just out of reach, and before he could fully process the fact that they were about to DIE- the wind was knocked out of him as everything abruptly stopped falling, throwing him into a very hard skull.

Asriel blinked rapidly, briefly considering how he breathed again as a flower before glancing around. Sans was floating in midair, almost halfway down the chasm and everything was boiling hot.
"Sans?" He patted the skeleton's face, bewildered at how he was still unconscious.

"𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝚜𝚘 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚢- 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜- 𝙸 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚝!" Napstablook explained in a rush, electricity buzzing and zapping Asriel, who cringed at it.
"It's fine, just get-" He stopped, realizing he was speaking in Flowey's voice. He restarted without the detestable plant's speech distracting him.
"It's okay, just get us back to solid ground, please."

"..𝚁𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝." They were quickly brought back to the platform, where Sans started groaning. He was still out of it- even Napstablook sounded dazed. Asriel quickly crawled out of the hoodie, rooting himself in the earth with a shaky sigh.
"Are you okay?" He asked, mostly directed at the ghost he admittedly forgot about.

Sans started rubbing his skull with a pained mutter, Napstablook hesitantly raising his voice.
"𝙸.. 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚜𝚘. 𝙸 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚏𝚞𝚣𝚣𝚢. 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍.."
"I'm scared too. But I think it's okay. As long as Sans doesn't do something stupid involving the Void. Gosh, I didn't know he was even capable of losing his temper."