The Deep

Napstablook stopped swimming as Moyoletic did, seeing her twisting in on herself and look upwards to the unseen sky somewhere far above them.
"𝙸𝚜 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚝𝚘𝚘 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞?" He asked hesitantly.

"υηƒσятυηαтєℓу ѕσ, ιт ιѕ. му вσ∂у α¢нєѕ ƒяσм тнє ωєιgнт σƒ тнє ωαтєя αяσυη∂ мє, αη∂ му тαιℓ ιѕ ѕσяє ƒяσм ѕωιммιηg ιη тнιѕ нєανу ρℓα¢є. ι ∂αяє ησт gσ ƒυятнєя."

A familiar apology weighed heavier on him than the ocean around them, but Napstablook found it in himself not to give in to it.
She wanted to come, it was not his fault that the water pressure was too much for her to endure any longer.

"𝙾𝚑.. 𝙾𝚔𝚊𝚢. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕.. 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐. 𝙸'𝚕𝚕.. 𝚜𝚎𝚎? 𝚈𝚘𝚞?" He struggled to find a different response than his usual, finding it awkward.
Moyoletic simply nodded, turning upward.
"ι ωιℓℓ αωαιт уσυ ιη мσяє тσℓєяαвℓє ωαтєяѕ."

Napstablook nodded, though it went unseen as the sea serpent swam back to the shallows, a grey streak in the twilight darkness.

With a great deal of nervousness, Napstablook peered down into the endless black full of distant red streaks that waved like idling tentacles, shuddering.
He tuned into Sans's conversation back on the boat, the skeleton distantly acknowledging his presence before Frisk urged him to keep going in spite of his fear.

So, with that, Napstablook pushed the question of when he might next need air away and started on, as ready as he could be to push through the unnerving reality of the deep sea.

No matter how he could have prepared, Napstablook was far from ready for what awaited him in the suffocating black.

. • ° . • ° . • °

Sans was only vaguely paying attention to whatever Napstablook was experiencing in the faraway and isolated world below him, busy instead with keeping a relaxed front on in hopes of them forgetting their fear.
He needed them not to be afraid.
Frightened humans would lead to violent humans.
He knew.. too well of how that worked.

But even in his great focus, Sans was completely blinded by the wave of pure shock and horror that came flooding to him, accompanied by a single image.

It was a truly titanic cavern; one that rivalled even the size of Waterfall in the Underground. It was glowing faintly in aquamarine and lilac, the source of the light being mysterious circles, many so massive the dragon could lay on them and still not cover half of them.

It was horrifying partly because they were suckers on tentacles of a truly stupendous size, ringing the walls of the cavern and leading up to something near the top.

It was hard to grasp, but that something appeared to be a swollen eye of sorts, sunken deep in the face of the thing that made up the cave. There was simply no way of discerning where and what the rest of its body was, and they weren't sure they wanted to know anything more about this being of the depths.

"Is that fucking Cthulhu-" Sans stuttered before he could control his response, leaving the humans to mildly panic and look behind themselves as he leaned on the rail behind himself, fighting back a shiver.

We have to stay Determined. It's probably much nicer than it looks!
Frisk, I've read Lovecraft! Sans screamed internally. I'm going to have nightmares from that face alone.

Before Napstablook could regain his wits and Sans reply to the humans' questions, Frisk abruptly assumed control, darting through the thick, crushing weight of the water and slamming a bony talon on the meeting point of two pillars- right on the very much alive webbing between tentacles.