Chapter 1

Camila Almada's POV

After the performance tonight, we went out together to celebrate in the bar. We tried to find Ms. Lily but she was nowhere to be found, probably being interviewed by the media press and perhaps talking to some of the investors for a future show.

"For our bonding and families!" The male lead said as we cheered our drinks. We clinked as we drank and we talked some more. I was looking at the clock. It was almost 1 AM. I needed to get back but I don't want to be the party popper for the first one to ditch.

"So, I would like to thank you all on the behalf of Ms. Lily since she cannot be with us," some of us laughed before the male lead continued, "it was an honor to be with you guys, and may we have more performances in the future," he shouted. We cheered as the bar was getting noisy with all the music and people shouting.

I was laughing before I got a text. It was from an unknown number but I knew who it was. I was checking my phone before one of my colleagues asked me what was wrong. I shook my head before I put the phone away and went dancing on the dance floor. We were screaming and dancing before I realized it was almost 2:30 AM.

"Hey, guys!" I shouted as I looked at them. "I need to head back. I see you guys tomorrow!" I said before I gave some money to cover my expenses.

They said their goodbyes before I made my way through the crowd and was out in the back alley of the bar. I blinked a few times before I took out the phone again and read the text that has been sent by Valentino.

'We have been compromised. They will come to you. Get out and lay low. We will tell the next instruction but for now, you must blend in with the locals and get the authority off your back' it stated. I was reading it a few times before I cursed.

"What now?" I said as I was typing something on the phone that I did not realize I was walking alone in the dark, early in the morning. I must be out of my mind. In my peripheral view, I saw that someone was following me but when I turned around, there was no one there. I shrugged before I went to walk but was blocked by that man that had followed me.

"Aren't you lost, missy? Maybe I can help you," he said as he was holding a knife in one hand. I arched my eyebrow at him as I was smirking at him. He did not take that well.

"Well, aren't you a little too tough for your good?" He barked at me.

"We'll see about that," I said and before I knew it, he was attacking me. He swung the knife to my side as I blocked it with my hands. I twisted his wrist before he was in pain and I kicked the knife out of his hand. He staggered back a few steps before he was shouting curses at me. I was smirking at him, which angered him even more. Good.

"Why you bitch!" He said as he came at me. I was on my fighting stand before I kicked his leg as I swung my foot on the ground and he was knocked out on his butt. He was a drunkard but dared to fight with me. I punched him in the face and he was sound asleep.

"Better go down before you know you cannot win," I mumbled as I left the scene. The knife was near him and it has his fingerprints. Luckily, maybe the authority can take him to prison for something that he might do with that knife. And before I can assess my surroundings, I felt someone was watching but when I turned around, there was no one there.

*****

"Are you kidding me right now!" I hissed at myself as I was looking at my apartment, a few blocks away from where I was standing, surrounded by police and authority. I think I saw the Interpol car as well.

"This is not happening right now," I said as I was looking at the familiar figure of the head chef for the elite forces, the very one that I provoked last night. I sighed before I received another email.

'Your cover's blown. You need to lay low. Go to Tovoli Oriente Lisboa Hotel. I have put a residency under your real name. Lay low as I have delivered the credit cards under that name as well. Do not do anything else and wait for further instructions,' I read the email as Val instructed me to go there.

It was not far, only 20 minutes bus ride. I looked at the police as they were taking all my clothes and things that I owned. I gritted my teeth. I don't have any other options. I have to make my move now. I turned on my back as I was walking toward the bus station before I took an Uber to the hotel as there was no bus at this hour.

"Tovoli Oriente Lisboa Hotel, yes?" The driver asked me. I nodded before I looked out of the window. He drove silently as we walked past the hotel I looked at the police until I saw a familiar figure and my eyes were wide as saucers. I blinked and he was gone.

No, it cannot be, he was not there. He never knew me so maybe it is just my imagination. You're imagining things, my mind said as I was nodding to myself.

"Rough night? So many police in this area," I said as the Uber driver was weaving through the traffic.

"Yup, they said they have something about a foreigner being an imposter," he said as he looked at me. I was not interested as I looked at the hotel. I guessed I have to lay low and find an alternative to all this and fast!

Nicolas Garcia's POV

I was out of the theatre as Luis was nowhere to be found. I don't know where the hell that boy went. I was waiting for my car to arrive as the valet held the door for me.

"Thank you," I said in Portuguese as I was getting inside the car. To my surprise, Luis was already there.

"Sir, I have found the information about the dancer that you asked me to," he said as he handed me the iPad that contained her information.

"She is Camila Almada, 24 years old, and was born in Portugal, sir," Luis said in Spanish.

"So, she's Portuguese?" I asked him as he just told me. I can feel that he was rolling his eyes as I looked at his handsome face.

"I believe I just said that," he replied.

"Don't get smart with me," I warned him. He smirked.

"Well, you know I cannot resist doing that to you," he said as he was smirking again. I rolled my eyes. What was I going to do with him?

"Anyway, I have the location of her apartment, sir," he said as he showed me the next picture. It was a shabby apartment but maybe the dancer's payment was not that good anyway.

"We'll go there, now," I said as I told my driver to go to that shabby apartment.

*****

To my surprise, the police and authority have been compromising the place like they fucking owned it. Damn, what was this shabby place that has the attention of the government? The car stopped in front of the hotel as I got out.

I went to the local police and demanded to speak with the chief. They asked me who I was. I smirked and told him who I was. They were surprised to see me before they led me to the chief.

"Rough night?" I asked him as I was approaching from behind. He turned to look at me as his face was gloomy. When he saw me, he was smiling like a mad man.

"Nick, you made it," he said as he went to hug me. I was not a hugger but for him, I will make an exception.

"So, how you've been? You seem taller than I last saw you," he said as he was rubbing my hair. I stopped him as I slapped his hand.

"Keep your hands to yourself, Adam," I said as I looked at him. He just laughed.

"So, what happened here?" I asked him before he sighed.

"You know I cannot tell you that, right?" He said as he was laughing at me. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say. I just wanted to know what are you doing in this shabby apartment anyway. What is so interesting in it that you have half the military force here?" I asked as I arched my eyebrow at him. He laughed even more.

"Well, if you tell me, you have to kill me, okay? Fine, whatever," I said as I was starting to get out of his way.

"Hey, about your company?" He asked me. I waved my hand at him.

"We can talk tomorrow. Lunch, my treat," I said as I was walking to the car. I was looking at the car that passed through before I went inside it. I thought I have to get to the other way around this mess that she had created.