Chapter 13

Camila Almada's POV

I was not sure that I would be considered by the company but right now, I just wanted to let go and just conveyed my frustration over the couple of weeks that I have to deal with. I did not think that I would have to sing but here it goes.

Dancing bears, Painted wings

Things I almost remember

End of the song, someone sings

Once upon a December

Someone holds me safe and warm

Horses prance through a silver storm

Figures dancing gracefully

Across my memory

Faraway, long ago

Glowing dim as an ember

Things my heart should've known

Once upon a December...

I was singing at the top of my voice as I can feel that everything was running through my veins. I was happy and I was frustrated. I was sad but also elevated. This opportunity has given me a chance to prove myself more and more to Alfred and Val. I hoped I know what I was doing anyway.

After I was finished with my singing, I was looking at the judges. They were all awestruck as if I was moving their souls. I wanted to scoff at that thought but the smile on the woman's face was the only indicator that I needed to confirm my thought.

"Well, that was wonderful. Thank you, Camila. We will contact you once this will be over, thank you for your time," the woman said as she looked at me, smiling. I cannot believe that she was smiling. The other panels were writing and maybe giving some comments but I hoped that everything was a good one.

"Well, thank you for considering me," I said as I went off stage and I was heading out to the locker where I put my stuff. I was happy as I can sense that my face was stiff from smiling so much. I cannot wait to have the answer to this.

Nicolas Garcia's POV

"So, what do you think?" My friend asked me as I was having dinner with her. She was a stunning woman, I can say that but she was so evil that I did not want her in my bed.

"Well, she is but you know why you can't have her. Not yet anyway," I said as I put the meat into my mouth. She was sipping on her wine as her eyes were glistening with mischief.

"Well, that's what I wanted to talk to you about," she said as she put her glass down. I arched my eyebrow at her.

"What about her?"

"You see, I have a rule in which a woman needs to be married to be in my company. I have enough complaints that the men were not respecting women enough that I have to make it up so there will be no more sexual harassment whatsoever," she said as she was forking her salad. For someone to have a ton of energy like her from just eating salads, I don't understand.

"Okay, so?" I asked her as she was making it possible to understand what she wanted really. She smirked at me.

"So, don't you think this will be a good opportunity for you to swap in and offer her something in return?" She asked me. I scoffed at her before I was sipping on my wine.

"Well, for your information, she did not peg me as a doting fiancé, let alone a doting husband," I said as I put my wine down.

"So, what do you have in mind?" I asked her before she beamed at me. She smirked.

"Well, since you asked—" and the rest was history.

Camila Almada's POV

I could not fucking believe it. I got in but I have to make sure that one condition was being made or I might lose my spot. Damn it! I have to make it less than 3 days from now.

How on earth would I find a husband now?!!

Okay, calm down, Camila. You don't need to panic. You can fucking do this. You have done this in all of the missions that you had before.

Get in, get out, easy peasy.

But that was different. All I have to do was to pretend that I was interested and I would have everything ready to get out. Only this time, Val seemed to think that I needed to stay married and lay low.

I don't even know how to do both of those!

The envelope that came in the morning was a definite surprise but the terms and conditions were even more surprising. I thought I have made myself a deal with the devil. In this case, the opera company.

"Oh gods, I need to get the fuck out of here," I said before I put on my sneakers and I pulled out my phone and cards, and hit the nearest tavern in Barcelona.

The music was booming and the people were shouting like hell. I mean, not that I mind but the thing was it just made my head hurt even more. Not that I can go to another place as I was drunk and I don't think I can survive now.

Even though I was an assassin and the best one at that as well.

I was staggering as I was walking toward the bathroom. The line was long so I had to get out to the back alley and threw up. It was never a good sign. I was wiping my mouth as I was taking a deep breath. I was the reek of alcohol.

"Hey there, beautiful, alone tonight?" A voice was coming from behind. I turned around to look at someone as drunk as I was but at least, I was sober enough to knock the shit out of him.

"How about you and I get out of here and maybe we can get to know each other a little better with each other, hmm?" He asked as he was coming onto me. His hands were on my arms. I tried to get away but with being half sober, half-drunk, I don't have that much energy in me right now.

"No, get away from me," I said as I was trying to get him off. He just smiled wider.

"Well, aren't you a feisty little thing?" he said before he laughed darkly. Damn it!

"I think you should remove your hands from her," a voice was interrupting me when he was coming into my face. He turned and frowned.

"Get your bitch, asshole," he replied.

"I was no one's bitch, okay?" I said as anger was coming from inside me. Who the hell was he to call me a bitch?! The voice chuckled as I was trying to get out of the drunkard's hands. Damn, he's strong!

"Just stay still, little shit," he hissed as he was gripping me now. Okay, that's it. I was about to kick his ass before he was flung off me. The voice that was from behind belonged to none other, than Nicolas Garcia.

Just my luck!

I looked at Nicolas as he was stepping in front of me. My eyes were blinking hard as my breaths were heavy. Nicolas. Fucking. Garcia. Of course, why should I not be surprised? This was his tuff, his country. Fuck you, Val!

"Get out of my way," I said as I was gritting my teeth. He just smirked at me before he brought his hand onto my cheek. I flinched and believe me, it was not a good sign.

"Well, we meet again, Ms. Almada. What a pleasant surprise," he said as he was caressing my cheek. I had an urge to lean in but I will not succumb to his touch. Not now, not ever.

"So you're following me now?" I asked him. He just smirked before he released his hand and stuffed them inside his jeans' pockets.

"Well, you came into my stuff, of course, I know all about you and no, I did not follow you. I don't stump that low, you know," he said as he was circling me. I was shivering as the breeze was chilly tonight. And I did not have my extra jacket over my blouse.

"Why are you here?" I whispered but enough for Nicolas to stop in front of me as he was staring at me. I held his gaze before he looked at my lips. I wetted my bottom lips. His Adam's apple bobbing up and down.

"You're drunk," he said.

"Maybe," I replied. He looked at me before I felt dizzy all of a sudden.

"Camila!" And that was the last thing I remembered.