Chapter 11

Camila Almada's POV

My flight to Spain was on the next morning after that disastrous night with Nicolas Garcia, back at his hotel. I was so confident that I can defeat him at his own game but I guessed I was too confident to do that on my own. I needed a foolproof plan.

"Hi, can I help you?" One of the receptionists at the Cluj-Napoca International Airport. I smiled at her as I was giving my ticket to her. She looked at it before she was typing on the system of the airport to get my reservation that Val has been kind enough to help me.

"Ah, yes. Here we are. You will need to get to Gate 4 for the departure in 4 hours. Do you have any luggage that you would like to check in for your flight?" She asked as I was smiling at her. I just had my backpack with me. I did not keep the clothes that I used for my mission or this case, the wedding.

"No, this would be all that I will bring with me. Can you tell me how to get to that gate please?" I asked her as she was smiling at me.

"Yes, you just go straight before you make a right, and then you will see various gates. You just have to find Gate 4," she said as she was giving me my ticket with my passport. I smiled at her as I thanked her.

"Thank you so much,"

"You're welcome," she said before she went to serve the next customer. I tucked the ticket and passport into my backpack as I made my way toward the gate.

I was heading through the shops and I was intrigued to look at them. I went into the perfume shop and put on some of them. I loved it but I don't think I wanted to attract any unwanted attention.

There were a lot of people in this airport as they were trying to get to their final destination. I looked around before I went to buy some breakfast for myself. I still have about 3 hours to spend my time at the airport. I don't have any idea about anything right now.

"Mind if I join you?" A voice was interrupting me through my meal as I looked in the direction of the voice. Mind you, but I don't have any clue what he was talking about. He was half-built, with lean muscles and slender limbs. He looked like he would not be a threat if he has to attack me at all.

"I'm sorry?" I asked in English as I was not understood what he was talking about. He laughed and it did something to my stomach. I smiled at him.

"Sorry, I thought you were Romanian. You're alluring for someone that was so foreign," he said as he was eyeing the seat.

"Oh, no, please have a seat," I said as I was taking some of my stuff from his space. He smiled before he put his breakfast on the table.

"I'm Luke by the way," he said as he was holding out his hand to me. I smiled at him before I shook his hand.

"Camila,"

"Camila, what a beautiful name," he said. I blushed.

"Well, I don't think I was one," I mumbled before he laughed. What a rich laugh after all!

"Let me know if anyone tells you otherwise," he said before he went to dig in on his breakfast. I was minding my own business before he was breaking the ice.

"So, where you're from?" He asked me. I was stuffing my grilled chicken into my mouth before I held out my hand.

"Portugal," I said as my mouth was so full. He laughed at me.

"You can finish that first," he said as he was looking at me. I was blushing as I was looking at him. He was smiling at me before I dabbed my mouth with the napkin.

"What about you, Luke, was it?" I asked him as he nodded at me.

"Born and raised here, babe," he said as he was flashing his teeth at me. I arched my eyebrow at him.

"So, you're a proud Romanian then?" I asked him as I smiled at him. He was rubbing his neck.

"Yes, I mean, kind of. Not much to be proud of as a Romanian," he said as he was smiling sheepishly.

"Well, I think besides the gruesome history of Vlad the Impaler, I think it would be nice to say you're Romanian," I said as I looked at him. He smiled before he looked at me.

"You are one weird tourist, Camila," he said. I smiled at him.

"Thanks, I take that as a compliment," I said before the announcer told me about the flight that I will be boarding next.

"I got to go," I said as I was putting all my trash into one plastic before I was getting my backpack and rushed toward the gate.

"It was nice to meet you, Camila," he said as I rushed forward. I turned around to say goodbye but he was not there anymore. I wondered if he can run that fast.

I was getting to my seat as I was on the aisle. I put my backpack in the overhead compartment. I was looking at the other passengers that were taking their seats. I sighed as I was looking at the stewardess that was helping one of the passengers that were old and trying to get into their seat. I smiled before I put on the headphone and listened to music and I was drifting to sleep.

"Miss, miss, miss," the voice that was coming into my eardrum was not a dream. I popped one of my eyes as I looked at her. She was looking at me as I was growing another head on my shoulders.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want the grilled chicken or grilled salmon?" she asked me as I looked at her. She was trying to give me some of the food that I was pre-booked for my flight.

"Salmon would be fine, thanks," I said as I was looking at her. She nodded at me before handing me the food. I smiled at her as she was doing her job for other passengers. I was opening the food container and it was delicious as I was digging in on food. I moaned as it could not get any better than this.

After a few hours, as I was playing some music and watching some movies that they have on the flight, I was tired and jet-lagged as I saw the proud Barcelona as the airplane was going through it. I was sucking my breath as I knew this will be my next home. I don't think I will get out of here any time soon.

"Buenos Dias to Spain," the captain said as he was addressing the other passengers in Spanish. I smiled. Not that I don't understand Spanish but I thought I can get used to this.

"Today's weather was sunny and a perfect day for an outing. To all tourists, I would like to welcome you and to all Spaniards, welcome home," the captain said as he was repeating the announcement in English. I was looking around as I was still listening to the music as the other passengers were rushing to get off the plane.

I was lining up at the citizens' counter as I was holding passport, my Spanish passport, for me to declare that I have returned home. I smiled as I remembered Val's instructions on the phone before I boarded the plane.

"Now, remember Camila. I have done the update onto the system of the Spanish government so you should be getting your citizenship status right..." he said as he was typing something onto his laptop. I rolled my eyes as I was holding the phone.

"Now," he said as a message beeped into my phone. I looked at it and it was indeed my citizenship in Spain.

"Well, I cannot thank you enough then," I said before I bid him goodbye and I went to board the plane.

"Passport," the customs officer was talking to me as I was drifting from my memory. I was smiling at him before I gave him my passport and I was smiling at him. He looked at me as he looked at my passport alternatively. He shrugged before he looked into the system. He nodded before he gave me my passport and I went ahead into Spanish land.

I took a breath as I was looking at the blue sky and the chattering of people around me. I smiled as I remembered this moment when I was visiting Spain with my parents. I felt at home.

"Pardon, señorita, do you need to be somewhere?" The taxi driver asked me as I was looking at him. I shook my head before I went to get on board the bus shuttle that would bring me to the center of the city. He cursed before he went to find another victim.

I took my seat as I looked at him, he was targeting the tourists and they fell for it. Stupid, I mused myself before I put on my iPod earphones and listened to the music before the bus moved.