Chapter 8

Camila Almada's POV

I blinked after I heard the proposal that was made by this strange, handsome man. I could not get myself around it yet but I thought he wanted me to be his private dancer.

"Excuse me, what did you just ask me?" I asked him again just to make sure that I was not hearing things. He chuckled as he offered me his hand.

"Dance with me, please?" he asked as he was looking at me. I was looking at his hand before I looked into his eyes again. He was charming but also dangerous. Hence, I took it.

"Well, since you asked nicely," I said as I stood up from the bar before I looked at the bartender and mouthed, 'I'll be back,'. The stranger guided me toward the dance floor as I walked beside him. He was charming and handsome, no doubt because everyone looked at him. Especially women. I gritted my teeth quietly.

"Well, I hope you know how to waltz," he said as he guided me to stand in front of him. My right hand was on his left and my left was on his shoulder. His right hand was on my waist before the slow music started.

"So, tell me about yourself," he said as he was moved in 3 steps. Right, back and front. Just like how waltz was supposed to be.

"Well, my name is Camila, what's yours?" I asked him as he twirled me around and I think I don't notice anyone else except for him.

"My name is Nicolas, or Nick, whichever you prefer," he said. I arched my eyebrow.

"Does your girlfriend call you Nick?" I asked as I was unable to control myself. Stupid mouth. He chuckled before he spun me out of his hand and he twirled me back inside his arms.

"Well, I don't have any girlfriend if that's what you're asking," he said as his voice was so close to my ear. I shivered from it.

"Then, who called you that?" I asked as he twirled me again to face him and we were waltzing across the dance floor.

"My friends mostly and also my family," he said as he was pulled closer with his hand on my waist. I gasped before I looked into his brown eyes. They were calling for me.

"Care to get out of here?" He asked me as his hot breaths were hitting my face. I was breathless as his hot mints breaths were all that I could think about.

"Sure," I replied without thinking. He smirked before he pulled me out of the reception hall and into the balcony. We were surprised to see that someone already claimed that spot before Nicolas dragged me across the hall to be out into the lobby.

"Would you like to have dinner with me instead?" He asked me as he looked at me. I arched my eyebrow at him.

"Well, I promise it will be non-Romanian foods, I swear," he said as he was laughing. I could get used to that sound.

"Sure," I said. He smiled at me before he dragged me out of the lobby to the waiting car.

"Luis," he said as he took his keys from that person and he opened the door for me. I thanked him before he closed it and he went to his side to drive off from the hotel.

We were driving in silence as I was looking at the Alps that were standing tall. Nicolas was driving as he was gripping the steering wheel like it was someone's head. Then, he parked in front of a restaurant, Da Pino.

"Well, I hope you like Spanish food," he said as he looked at me. I smiled as I nodded at him.

"I live for it," I replied, gaining a smile from him. He got out of the car and went to open the door for me. I took his hand as he guided me out of the car before closing the door. He locked it before he ushered us inside the room.