Chapter 30: A Fall of Rain

AN: The chapter is finally here! Sorry for the delay everyone :)

The weather had taken a turn for the worse. Grey skies loomed over the previously blue sea, and now it was just a grey sea of nothing but sullen moods and tired days. Rae didn't believe in all that stuff about signs, bad omens... but- this wasn't boding well. 

She began biting at the skin around her nails, there were barely any left at this point. Fred squeezed her hand, causing the other to drop from her mouth, and she smiled up at him. They had decided on another walk up the street since the weather around the beach had become cold and windy. 

The trees had hastily begun thickening, and before they knew it, plants were covering the area. The lady in the reception had told them how they had to watch out for the weather, it could turn in seconds apparently. 

Fred and Rae weren't too worried. The path wasn't even asphalt so muggles, or any people at all, would be quite scarce, and with magic, they could easily keep themselves dry. Other things were on her mind anyway. 

"What about the room?" Fred asked after a few minutes of comfortable silence, and just as he spoke, a slow drizzle started. 

"The room?" Rae questioned while grabbing her wand and holding it like an umbrella, shielding both of them from the rain. 

"Your parents' room, in your apartment," he said, but she didn't answer him for a good while. She rarely thought about her parent's room, she still preferred not to, but if Fred was going to live with her then she should probably clean it out... or something. 

"It depends on what's going to happen with the owner I suppose," she mumbled after he had squeezed her hand to bring her back to earth. 

"I mean, if it actually is my dad maybe he'll want some of the things back or see the room for himself..." 

"And if it isn't?" Fred asked, making her eyes shoot to him in confusion, but he wasn't mocking or trying to be rude... it was Fred, of course, he wasn't. He had a sympathetic look, not an annoying one, but one full of warmth that was simply trying to prepare her for what was probably a very possible outcome to all of this. 

"About time I throw some of it out, I guess," she coldly mumbled, continuing to walk up the hill while Fred stopped dead in his tracks and from her hand he pulled, making her turn around to look at him. 

"Come on, love... don't do that," he said with a small smile, caressing the back of her hand. 

"Do what?" She replied in a monotone voice, not wanting to meet his eyes for the time being. 

"Shut me out like that, you dumbass," he grinned and pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms carefully around her and enveloping her in a tight hug. 

"I know you too well for you to be able to pull that shit on me," he laughed while burying his head in the crook of her neck, and for whatever dumb reason a lump appeared in her throat. It only grew when he tightened his embrace and her arms automatically wrapped around his torso. 

"I'm sorry," she mumbled against his skin, with her wand no longer raised she could feel the light droplets beginning to drench the top of her head and the back of her shirt. 

"S'alright," he chuckled, stroking her back with his fingertips, following her spine in curved brushes. 

"Can we just- talk about that bridge when we get to it?" She croaked out in a voice too small for her usual nature, and he couldn't help but laugh as he shook his head, pressing a small kiss to her forehead. 

"Of course, my love," he smiled, looking her directly in the eyes which only caused tears to well up in hers. 

"I love you," she said before connecting their lips.