Nick

from N to y/f/i

------

decided to do one for Nick, since I love him but I hate how freaking underrated he is. also, if anyone knows what his last name is, feel free to tell me :)

y/f/i: your first initial

------

y/n pov:

For the past few weeks, I've seen there notes in my locker. Someone leaves them there and I find them, every Wednesday, after the third period. On the paper, there is usually a poem, a pick up line our just a complement, such as "you look so pretty today" or "are you a cupid? 'cause your love shot like an arrow to my heart." 

I'm a little sad though, because whoever writes them, probably has no idea what kind of impact they have for me. They make me feel happier and loved, even when I have no idea who writes them. But then again, I guess that's the beauty of it. A secret admirer. 

The other Wednesday, I stopped by my locker again. Just like I thought, out came a note. I picked it up and read it in my mind. "Life without you is like a broken pencil. Pointless."

I chuckled at the pick-up line. You know, some other girl would have found this annoying or weird. I thought it was adorable.

Eventually, curiosity got the best of me. I wanted to know who this mystery writer was. So the next week, I wrote back to them.

"Hey you who leaves these notes to my locker every Wednesday. Thank you for them by the way, they make me feel so happy! This might come off a little weird but do you think we could meet up one day? -- y/f/i"

I put the note in my locker, to a noticeable place that they would see the minute they opened my locker. I was really hoping I would get a response. And I did. 

A week passed by and I was losing hope towards the note. I opened my locker slowly and there I saw a little blue note, on top of my history book. On the note it said: "from N to y/f/i" I opened the note and I read it. 

"Hey y/f/i! I was hoping you would write back to me eventually. And I'm happy you've liked my writing. I've been sending you these notes because they tell you the things that I don't have the guts to say to your face.Your beauty really struck me like a cupid's arrow...Meet me today at four o'clock after school by the bleachers, I'll be there ;) N"

I smiled to myself and I held the note close to my chest. I was excited to finally meet this such mysterious person. This N.

------

Time flew by and before I knew it, it was almost four o'clock. I started to make my way towards the bleachers in the "backyard" of the school. 

A sudden panic started to take over. What if it was going to be someone I didn't like? Or maybe this has all been a part of a prank and I would get laughed at? All of these thoughts started to run circles around my brain, even though this was something I had been looking forward to.

I arrived to the bleachers of the football field and I saw the boys' lacrosse team practicing there. Maybe this wasn't right, being here at this time. While doubting myself, I still made my way over to the bleachers. There were just a few other girls watching the boys practice. I sat down and looked around. The time was already 4:10. Maybe they weren't going to show up after all.

I texted my mom to come pick me up but she said she was stuck in traffic. Which meant that I was now stuck at school and I hate to wait for a while for her to come and get me. Since I had nowhere to go to at this point, I decided to watch the boys practice.

I saw someone wave at me. It took me a second to realize that he was even waving at me, since there were other girls sitting in front of me. I carefully waved my hand back at him and smiled. I didn't recognize his face since he was wearing his jersey and a helmet with a stick in his hand.

During practice, the same guy kept looking my way. He shot me smiles and waves every now and then, like he was making sure I wasn't going anywhere.

One long hour later the practice was over. I was still sitting over on the bleachers and my mom was still stuck in traffic. I started to make my way back in front of the school, hoping my mom would come pick me up soon. I didn't hear any footsteps coming after me so I kept walking until I made it to the front of the school. They didn't show up. Maybe it was all just a prank.

I stood in front of the school as I tried to hold back the tears. I fumbled with the sleeves of my hoodie as I tried to think of something positive.

After a few moments, I heard the door open and a boy from the team walked out. I didn't bother to look up, my eyes were glued to my phone. But a tap on my shoulder made me shot my face up.

I was met eye to eye with Nick. He was a whole multi-talent, being in the sports program but also in the music program. I wasn't really friends with him, we just knew each other from around.

"Hi y/n, what are you still doing here?" he smiled. "I mean, didn't your school day already end?"

I smiled weakly back at him. "Yeah but I didn't stay back because of lacrosse practice. I was supposed to meet someone but they bailed on me"

He didn't say anything. If something, I could have sworn it looked like he was trying to hold back a laugh. I shook it off and carried on with the conversation. "There was this one guy though who shot me waves and smiles the whole time."

I looked up to look at Nick and I noticed that he was already looking at me. His lips were tucked into a smirk as he stood in front of me. I tried to take in his facial expressions. Nick let out a squirt.

 "What?" I crossed my eyebrows. "Is there something on my face?"

He looked at me as he giggled softly. "How are you so clueless?"

I crossed my eyebrows. "Ouch" I said as I showed the blonde boy in front of me softly.

"No, I mean..." he said. The smile never left his face. "Don't you just get it already? All those waves, smiles, notes. They were all from me."

My eyes widened. Nick nodded his head slowly. Oh my god, this really was the N, standing in front of me. And suddenly it all clicked.

I hid my face into my hands. "Oh god I- wow. How could I have been so stupid"

"Y/n, you're not stupid" Nick said. He took my hand in his which caused me to look up at him again. "The reason I started sending you those notes in the first place was because I thought you looked really beautiful. And were really smart. And funny. And-"

I cut his rambling off with a soft peck on the lips. As I slowly pulled away, I noticed that his face was bright red and his eyes were wide. "I really like you y/n." he smiled.

"I really like you too...N" I laughed as I pulled him in for a hug. 

I heard him chuckle. "So, maybe I should ask you out on a date now?" he said. I felt him smile against my hair.

I smiled at him. "Pick me up at seven."