Jesse St. James

"well I like the way you improv"

----

y/n pov:

Carmel High did a production of Mamma Mia. I was lucky enough to play Donna and a friend of mine, Jesse, landed in Sam's role. We became incredibly close while working on the play at rehearsals and during our free time. 

Jesse has always been really talented and I've forever admired his dedication and confidence whether it's about performing, presenting in class or just talking. Being in his presence has made me a lot more comfortable as a person and I feel like I owe him a lot.

Although I was just a beginner and he's practically a professional, he didn't make me sway in his shadow or in the background. Instead, he encouraged me to own it. And I'm glad he did so.

It was a full house on our opening night. All of our friends were there, in the audience and on stage that night. I remember how my nerves started kicking in and Jesse noticed how tense I was. He approached me: "Nervous?"

"What does it look like?" I scoffed. "I'm falling apart here, I know I'm going to mess up"

He took my hand in his. "Y/n, you've got to stop telling yourself that" he smiled. "You are amazing. And we're gonna do this together."

I let him hug me and I relaxed a little bit. "Thanks. For that and all of the advice's you've given me over these few weeks."

"It's no problem" he chuckled, pulling away from me. "Now go, five minutes till showtime" he finished, giving me a thumbs up.

After a moment I walked on stage and I did rock the production that night. Everything went as planned and all of the nervous thoughts were gone in seconds. I was on cloud nine while performing in the auditorium with all my friends. It felt like I could do this forever and never get bored.

After all of us did our bows at the end, we rushed backstage and were met with our director, who was also the showchoir coach at our school. He congratulated us all, telling us how proud he was and how successful the play was bound to be. I know we're not talking Broadway here but he was still sure we were going to be a hit.

After it calmed down a little, I made my way over to Jesse and tapped his shoulder to get his attention. "Hey, you were great! They loved you" I smiled.

He shook his head. "Are you kidding me? They loved us!" he said earning a chuckle from me. "So you thinking about going to the afterparty?" he continued.

"Ah, I don't know if I have the energy, to be honest" I quietly said. "I was just thinking about getting some takeout"

His eyes lit up. "Need a plus one?"

"I thought you'd never ask" I smiled. Soon we made our way over to my dad's mustang.

---

We got food from McDonald's and drove around the city until we found a good road to pull over to. We made ourselves comfortable in the backseat. Taylor Swifts newest album was slowly playing in the background as we took in the city around us.

Eventually, I would catch him glancing at me and I would glance back, but I didn't bare to make any eye-contact.

"You know, this is turning out to be a really great afterparty" I said, my mouth barely stuffed with french fries. "I just didn't want to go to Giselle's. Everyone would be drunk and stupid and only talking about the play."

"I get it. I needed a little break from crowds as well." he co-eed, taking a bite of his burger.

My eyes widened. "But you're the star player and would kill to perform all the time!" He responded with an eye roll. I laughed. "Come on, you know you would!"

"Of course I would but I need some silence sometimes as well" he chuckled.

I showed him a little, earning a grin from him. "Hey, thanks for letting me tag along" he said.

I turned to look at his ocean eyes. "Thank you for suggesting so."

I felt his hand touch mine. Shivers went up my spine because of the contact and slowly, he closed the gab between us with a soft, sweet kiss. He exhaled deeply, like the tension had disappeared and everything stood still.

I laid my forehead on his as I carefully pulled away. "That was way better than our on stage kiss" I said nervously.

He laughed at my words."Yeah, probably because I was just improvising."

"I do love the way you improv St. James" I laughed with sudden confidence. 

My hands found their way to his shoulders and I tenderly laid my hand on his chest, listening to his rapid heartbeat.

-----------------------------------------------

a/n: hah I love how I just always take a big break and then appear out of nowhere again xd

hope you liked this one!

please vote and comment!

xo: mads