Freddy Freeman

tutor

------

y/n pov:

"Hey y/n!" Freddy approached me during recess. I turned around to meet his smiley, yet nervous face. "Hi Freddy, what's up?"

Freddy seemed quite scared as he fiddled with the strings of his hoodie. "You see I was just wondering, since we did a good job as a team on our geography presentation and you have an A in psychology..." he rambled.

I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah?"

"Any chance we could be study partners?" Freddy said rapidly as he shut his eyes tightly.

My eyes widened even more. The guy whom I've had a crush on for forever, wanted to spend more time with me. "Um, sure. I'm free later after school" I smiled.

Freddy opened his eyes slowly and a big smile appeared on his face. He let out a small sigh of relief. "Really? I mean- cool. I could make that work too" he rambled on anxiously.

I chuckled at his expression. "So I guess I'll see you around? We can meet up later in front of the school"

"Yeah, I'll see you later" he smiled.

I walked away from Freddy's gaze while butterflies were going crazy on my stomach. I was nervous but it was a good kind of nervous.

----

We met up later at the front entrance of the school. Big smiles were plastered on our faces.

"Hey, you ready to go?" I said, earning a nod from Freddy. "Cool, let's go to the library"

As we walked to the library a few blocks away from school I felt Freddy's eyes on me the whole time. Sometimes he would just glance and sometimes he would get caught up and stare at me for quite a bit.

We talked about a lot of things, us superhero nerds gotta stick together, right? So we mostly talked about our interests and our families. Freddy seemed to have a big family, even though his parents had died. Now he lives in a foster home with four other kids and two adults, Rosa and Victor. All of that just made me want to get to know him more and meet his siblings, although I had seen Billy and Mary around before.

We arrived at the library and took a seat by a table. The place wasn't too crowded so we found a good spot.

"Should we get started?" I smiled.
"Yeah, can you help me with my homework? All of this information is starting to go in one ear and out the other" Freddy chuckled. He had quite the way with words.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Sure"

We worked for quite a bit. I liked hanging out with Freddy, it felt always felt like he understood me and I could be who I genuinely was around him. I helped him with psychology and he helped me with math, plus we got to spend time together. A win win situation.

Eventually our working got to talking which then led to laughing. We couldn't concentrate anymore now that we were tired and laughing over stupid things.

"Maybe we should call it a day" Freddy said in between laughs.

"Good call, Freeman" I said, nodding my head. "Maybe we could do this again sometime?"

Freddy seemed to froze at my comment. "Sure, y/n" he smiled. "Just give me your number so we can schedule a date?"

I smirked at him, almost unable to form words. "Was this just a scam to get my number?"

Freddy scoffed. "No, no, I wouldn't do that" he chuckled. "I guess I just wanted to spend more time with you, that's all"

"And now you wanna schedule another date and you're asking me to give you my number"

Freddy's cheeks went red. "Something like that...but it doesn't have to be a date!" he quickly filled in his sentence. "We can call it whatever we want to call it."

I let out a small laugh because of his adorable face. "It's alright Freddy, we can go on a date"

"Cool" he said, letting out a sigh that he seemed to have held in for a while now. "So, what's your phone number?"

--------

a/n: and that's it for the Shazam imagines <3 this was quite the ride