Reggie Peters

the bass player ~~~Y/n POV:

the bass player
~~~
Y/n POV:

The whole school was at the gym, watching Dirty Candy perform at the spirit assembly. I was at the audience with my friend group, cheering for the amazing dancers that they are. And they even have great songs! Although true to be told, the leader of the group, Carrie Wilson, seems a little shallow and selfish. Although that is just my opinion...

Their performance ended and Carrie spoke some small talk, thanking the audience. And of course she ended the number with saying: "Make sure to check out my new YouTube video...oh- go bobcats!" We all cheered.

From the corner of my eye, I saw three guys standing in the corner with a girl, Julie Molina. I have heard about her, people were saying her mother had died and she couldn't sing for a year. Poor thing.
I've also seen her around, since we're on the same history class.

One of the guys caught my eye, he was wearing a red flannel around his waist, a leather jacket, black jeans and a white t-shirt. He had black hair and a smiley face. Cute

As I started to walk away from the bleachers
I saw Julie making her way to the stage, towards a piano. I stopped immediately when I heard it's chords.
I smiled to myself as she began to sing
a catchy song.

More and more people started to gather closer to the stage where Julie played. A lot of people had surprised looks on their faces, not really sure where this whole performance was coming from since we weren't informed about it.

Suddenly everyone saw a poof and there they were, those three guys I saw earlier, playing instruments. A sweet blonde guy played the drums, a handsome brown haired guy played the guitar and the black haired guy
played the bass.

The bass player locked eyes with me and shot me a little wink. I laughed at him and decided to blow him a kiss back, which made him chuckle.

The crowd went wild, we were all mesmerized and enjoying the show and it didn't take long 'till it was already over. The band bowed and all of the sudden there was another poof and the guys were no longer on the stage. Only a Julie and her microphone.

I looked around and I spotted the guys, standing close to the stage. Although the people around me didn't look like they could see the guys.

A boy ran to the stage: "hey! where did the rest of the band go?"
"Wait- were those holograms?!" I heard Kayla, a dancer of dirty candy, yell.
Julie's eyes quickly widened: "yes, yes they were holograms! I plugged it into the ceiling protector before the show. I would explain it but it involves algorithm and science stuff..." she rambled.
The crowd cheered. All of us wanted to see more of the band.

Soon I saw the black haired guy walk to the stage and shake his butt around before walking down from the stage. I heard him mutter something to the other guys like: "yeah I don't think that they can see us"
"I wish I couldn't see you" his friend said back at him which made me chuckle.

Soon, the principal of the school spoke up: "ok people, the show's over. Let's get back to class"
People started to walk away from the gym, back to the hallway.
I stayed back and as soon as I had the moment, I went to talk to Julie.

"Julie, wow that was rad! I was wondering what you were doing with those guys when I saw you earlier before the performance but turns out you're playing with a hologram band!"
Julie smiled: "thanks y/n...wait, what did you just say?"
"that was rad?" I shrugged.
Julie shook his head: "no, the other thing!"
"You're playing with a hologram band?"
"No no, you said something about seeing me with the guys before we played?"
I smiled: "oh yeah I saw you with them close to the stage before the performance and also after that when the bass player shook his butt on the stage" I laughed, remembering the situation.
Julie seemed confused. "So you could also see them when they were not playing?" she asked me. She seemed shocked.
"Yeah, why?"
Julie shook her head: "uh-nothing. Never mind." I nodded my head slowly.
"I'm glad you liked the performance!" she said lastly before I smiled at her one last time and walked out of the gym.
What the heck was that all about?

______

a/n: this one was kinda hard but also really fun to write! I'm thinking about doing a part two...