Billy Batson

you're captain sparklefingers?!

------

a/n: I love these stories where the character reveals his superpowers to the reader so this one wil be just that! :)

------

y/n pov:

I noticed that Billy was acting weird. I mean, he was always acting weird but recently, he has been acting weirder than usual. He had been skipping classes, acting much more cocky and talking with Freddy about superpowers more than usual. And I used to think that he couldn't even stand all that cape crusader stuff!

Billy and I were walking home from school the other Friday. We were walking hand in hand down the sidewalk, watching the Christmas lights shine on the yards of the houses down the block. Billy tried making some stupid jokes that I would laugh at, even if they weren't so funny.

"So, you still up for our movie night?" I said, switching the topic. Billy's smile quickly faded as he tightly shut his eyes before opening them slowly, letting go of my hand. "Oh shoot, I forgot. I'm gonna hang out with Freddy. We need to do some...homework" he said. His explanation wasn't that pleasing though.

"You can do your homework on Sunday like normal people. Not on a Friday night" I said, nudging his hand slightly. Billy scratched the back of his neck. "Well, I like to do things my way."

"Sure, Batson. Your way." I chuckled, reaching to give a kiss to Billy's cheek. "For real though, it's not like you're going to spend the whole night doing homework" I laughed. Billy didn't laugh along. He just kept his face on the ground. 

I looked at his expression. "Or do you just not want to hang out with me?"

"I'm sorry y/n" Billy said, now turning his whole body towards me. "It's just something I need to do with Freddy."

"Of course, with Freddy" I said as I picked up the pace. "Once again, it's your best friend versus your girlfriend. And the best friend wins, as always."

I started running away from Billy. I noticed that he was not coming after me, just like I guessed in the first place. Before I turned to the corner and out of his sight, I heard him yell after me.

--------

Later that night, I was sitting alone on my bed, watching Teen Wolf on Netflix. It was already really late but I didn't mind. Maybe some alone time was all I needed after all. 

It was coming close to midnight when I heard a pebble hit my window. I got up from my bed and looked through my bedroom window, seeing Billy standing in my backyard.

I opened my window carefully, showing him that I was listening, no matter the urgency. "I need to show you something!" he yelled to me.

"Keep it down Batson! My whole family is asleep!" I whisper yelled back to him. He gestured me to get down. In the back of my head, I was fully aware of how stupid this idea was. But maybe it was also healthy to break the rules once in a while.

I got out of my room, to the roof, before jumping down to the grass. Billy took my hand and led the way. "Come on y/n."

We went a few blocks away from my house, to the playground that was in the neighborhood. "What are we doing here Billy? This better be good" I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

Billy looked awfully serious. I saw Freddy walking to us from the swings. "Hey y/n" he greeted me friendly, like he usually does. Billy switched looks between Freddy and I. "Promise me you wont freak out?"

"At what?" I asked confused. That's when Billy whispered the word "shazam" and I saw a lightning strike before my eyes. In a second, there was a grown man in front of me, wearing a white cape and red tights, with a huge lightning on his chest. He almost looked like a superhero.

The man smiled my way. "Hi y/n, it's me!" he said, laughing. I blinked my eyes, not sure how to react. That's when it hit me. "B-Billy?" I whispered.

Freddy chuckled at me. "Yeah! Billy is the red cyclone. The captain sparklefingers! The talk of the town!"

Billy whispered the word again and soon he looked much more familiar. Like a normal Billy Batson.

"Whoa okay, I have so many questions right now, a few that I really don't want to know the answers to but-" I shook my head. "How?! This is freaking amazing!" I shouted, pulling Billy in for a hug.

"I wish this doesn't change anything between us. Or Freddy and you." I heard Billy mutter.

I scoffed at his wish. "Are you kidding? This only makes things better!" I smiled, before pulling also Freddy in for our tight group hug.

--------

a/n: this turned out surprisingly well, although I pretty much wrote this one hurriedly :))