Chapter 5 | "save the day"

"Hey asshole, we got an A on our Chem lab. No thanks to you." She called out as she walked into school the next day, seeing Haechan waiting alone by the front. "What? No side kicks today?"

"I need to speak with you." He said as she approached him. "Alone." He added, eyeing Sungchan and Jeno.

"No way." Jeno growled threateningly. "Why would we trust you?"

"You wouldn't. But you trust her." He replied, his eyes not leaving Minji's.

"You two go ahead, I'll be fine. See you later." She said quietly, something about Haechan's tone telling her that this was important.

"Don't try anything, Lee, or I'll rip you to pieces." Sungchan growled out as he passed Haechan, shooting Minji one last look before walking into the building with Jeno.

"So what was so important that-"

"Not here." He cut her off, grabbing her arm and pulling her to the side of the school, away from the others.

"So what's up?" She asked with a glare. "You gonna kill me now or something?"

"I need you to tell me everything that went down the night you got branded. Any details about your attacker and anything that was said." He said quickly, his eyes nervously glancing around.

"You're from a rival gang, not to mention the fact that we hate each other, so why would I tell you any of that?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because Taeyong wants you to." Haechan replied with a smirk, pulling something out of his backpack. "And I know you'd never go against your leader."

He handed her a letter, the handwriting and stationary undoubtably Taeyong's as she read the note.

She'll tell you anything you need to know. I promise.

-LTY

"This means nothing to me. You could've easily forged it." She replied, closing the letter.

"You might be right about the writing, but look a little closer."

She examined the letter again, gasping as she noticed a red mark on the back of the note. Imprinted on the corner of the paper was a red dragon, the color unmistakable.

"Taeyong's blood seal." She whispered in astonishment.

"Exactly. Now what happened two days ago?"

- - -

Minji tore through the house, not saying a single word to any of the questions that were being thrown at her from the boys, instead she walked straight to Taeyong's office. The door was closed which meant someone else was in there but she didn't even care, she kicked open the door with a bang.

"Do you want to fill me in on what the hell is going on, Taeyong? Why did he have a letter with your blood seal?" She yelled as she stormed into the room.

Taeyong looked at her calmly, as if he had been expecting her until her eyes flickered to the other boy in the room sitting across from her leader.

"Qian Kun? Taeyong, what is another gang leader doing on our turf?" She growled lowly.

"Minji, please take a seat. We something to discuss." Taeyong spoke with a relaxed tone, gesturing her to the open seat.

She didn't move, rooted to the spot as she stared at the two boys.

"Hi Minji," Kun spoke up with a smile. "I've heard a lot about you, you're quite talented. It's nice to finally match a face with the name."

She glanced at his outstretched hand, slowly shaking it before turning her gaze back onto Taeyong, awaiting his explanation.