July 1997

Song - Have I told you lately by Van Morrison

"Babe, you ready yet?" Timmy knocked on the bathroom door.
"Two seconds!" I said through the door. It was date night, or rather date day. It was almost 30 degrees out (ngl I don't know Fahrenheit) and Timmy thought we should go for a picnic in the park.

I put on a flowery dress that complimented my bump rather than trying to hide it. I swiped my lips with a clear gloss and was then ready to go out. I opened the door.
"Eh?"
"Beautiful." Said Timmy giving me a short kiss on the forehead.
"Thank you baby." I smiled.

...

The park was teaming with people but we found a cute little spot to lay our blanket.
"You're so sweet to think of this." I said sitting down. "This is lovely."
"I thought it'd be nice to try and enjoy the weather."
I laughed lightly.
"You've been so stressed recently babe." I said ruffling his hair.

"But hey all the baby's room needs now is a baby." I added trying to ease his stress.
"I know. It's just I get so worried about you and-"
"Well don't. We're on a date, relax."
"Yeah you're right."
"So tell me what happens to that model." I asked wanting him to continue a story he'd started earlier.

"Oh," he perked up in excitement.
"Mr. Horowitz came in and starred screaming at her 'how dare you disrespect my staff!, you'll never work again!'"  Timothée repeated the words.
"So they kicked her out?"
"Yup."
"My god. To be fair though you were pretty sick of her weren't you?"

"Ugh, telling me. Jesus she was just- you ever met someone and they just completely ignore what you say?"
"A few in my time." I laughed.
"Well yeah she was like that." He chuckled.
"Oh babe I almost forgot to tell you."
Tim opened the picnic basket.
"I got you that chocolate dip and spinach."

"Oh wow, thank you baby!" I exclaimed. "You think I'm fucking crazy don't you?"
"A little bit." He admitted.
"It's pregnancy cravings, I really wanted peanuts the other day. Like salted ones. I saw someone eating them on the way home from work. I'm fucking allergic!"
"Damn." Timmy laughed.

"This baby is driving me insane." I chuckled and graised my hand over my bump.
"Oh speaking of this baby, I have a name suggestion." He said correcting his posture proudly.
"You do?"
"Yup, thought long and hard out it."
"Tell me then." I said excitedly.
"Daisy." He said simply.

I gasped, feeling emotion overwhelm me. The name was the perfect mix of sweet and strong, a good length, not hard to spell and would always make people think of a flower.
"Oh Daisy." I said.
"You like it?"
"Baby, it's perfect."
"Ya think?" He seemed ecstatic by my reaction. I grabbed his face and kissed him.

"Daisy Chalamet." I muttered as I relaxed against him, "oh it just sounds pretty. Timmy when'd you think of Daisy?"
"Well, I noticed my old copy of Gatsby in the bookshelf the other day and I just thought it would be nice."
"Leave it to you." I mumbled.
"What?"
"Leave it to you to find the perfect name in a few seconds after I've been making lists and lists for like two months." I laughed.

"So...we have a name?"
"I think so." I smiled.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"I hope she looks just like you. You're hair your eyes, your nose."
He dragged his middle finger down my nose.
"Don't be cheeky."
He laughed.

"Seriously, if she looked just like you...she'd be perfect."
"I hope she gets your eyes."
"My eyes?" He said, complimented.
"Yes, your beautiful emerald eyes."
"Oh but she'd be cursed if she didn't have your talent, she'll be a great singer."
"Or what if she's an artist?"
"She's gotta be creative in some way. Imagine a singer and a photographer have an accountant."

We burst into laughter.
"It's crazy isn't it?" I said.
"What?" He whispered back in my ear.
"That what's in my belly, in just a few months, is gonna be a real life kid. That we fucking made."
"God, I remember how scared I was when I found out." He said.
"You were scared?"
"Fuck yeah."

"Hm, you seemed so much calmer than me." I said.
"That's cause I didn't wanna freak you out. Shit, I remember thinking I'm gonna be a dad and feeling my heart sink to the fucking floor."
I turned my head and locked eyes with him.
"You still scared?"
"A little." He shrugged his shoulders.
"You're gonna be a great dad, Tim. I know it."
"You think?"
I nodded; "and imma be right there with ya."

His lips touched mine and once again we kissed.

A/N: Hope y'all like the bb name I chose. For those that don't know there's a character in 'the great gatsby'  called Daisy Buchanan.  I thought it was a sweet name. Also a while ago I thought about ending the book once the baby is born, what do y'all think:
Definite ending?
Keep it going?
When should it end?
Idk, love to hear y'all's input.