Flirting

GERARD'S POV

I hate to say it, but Frank is charming. He has a large smile, tattoos that cover his body, piercings on his face, and an energy I can't quite describe.

"I've never seen you around here before." Frank says, "I have met everyone here at least once." I like his confident attitude. I like that he knows his worth, he knows he's a big deal. I admire that.

"I don't get out often." I say with a grin.

I always thought I should leave New Jersey. Try to follow my dreams. But, I realised my dreams are in Jersey.

I always saw Jersey as disgusting. As a place I shouldn't want to be in. I was ashamed of my hometown. But, I started to look at it from a different angle.

This is where I grew up, I took my first steps here, I said my first words here, I had my first kiss here, I had my first date here, I saw my first Star Wars movie here, I met my friends here, I made my first piece of art here, I drew my first comic here, I wrote my first song here, I died my hair for the first time here, I rode my first bike here, I got in my first fight here. This is where I belong.

"Sounds exciting." Frank says with a sarcastic smirk.

"Very funny." I tease, "I haven't seen you around either."

"I've been in LA for the last five years." Frank says.

That's where he went. He wasn't dead, he wasn't selling his body for food, he wasn't kidnapped and held hostage, he wasn't in prison, he was just in LA.

"How's LA? It sounds magical, like where dreams come true." I say. The idea of LA always sounded so appealing.

"Some dreams come true, some don't. You just got to get lucky." Frank wisely says.

I was about to open my mouth to say something, but I heard a gasp behind me.

I turn around to see Mikey and Pete standing behind me, looking like they just saw a ghost.

"You're..." Pete trails off.

"You're Frank Iero!" Mikey cheers. I laugh at my enthusiastic brother.

"In the flesh." Frank says with his signature charming smile.

"I need you to sign something." Pete says as he rummages through his pockets looking for something for Frank to sign.

Frank chuckles and starts to look through his car. He pulls out a black sharpie and his skateboard.

"Here." Frank signs the bottom of the skateboard and hands it to Pete and Mikey, "Keep the board." Frank winks.

"I think I'm gonna pass out." Mikey breathlessly says.

"Ray will flip his shit!" Mikey cheers as they get in my car.

"Sorry about them." I say with a laugh, "My brother and his boyfriend are huge fans." I say with a smile.

"It was a pleasure to meet them. It was a pleasure to meet you too." Frank says with a smile.

We heard aa voice coke through a microphone at the skate park. "In first place is... Frank Iero!" A deep voice syas.

"Well, I guess I should go." Frank whispers.

"Give me your sharpie." I extend my hand. Frank places the pen in my hand without a question.

I gently grab his arm and write my phone number on his hand.

"Call me sometime, and congratulations. You deserve to win." I say as I draw a small smiley face next to my phone nunber.

"Thank you." Frank says with a smirk.

I give him a small, smile before getting in my car.

"Uh... What the fuck was that? Were you... Were you just flirting with Frank Iero?" Mikey says in shock.

"You can call it that." I say as I start the car.

AN

-GROOVYLADY