Chapter 10

Deep breath.

You got this Sophie.

I stepped up to the stairway and lightly knocked on the door. It didn't hurt that bad since I still had gloves and bandages on my hands to cover the burns that were fading.

Eadline answeard the door and noticed me, "oh Sophie."

She hugged me crying, "when I found out you were battling the one who killed her I freaked. Grady is set on stone in trying to murder that boy." She sniffled and leaned back as she let out a stiffled laugh.

"Oh Sophie sweetie, come inside."

The house was a mess, and I could tell Eadline still hasn't slept in a while. I sat on the couch and smiled as iggy jumped on my lap.

Grady came in and gave me a hug, "hey kiddo how ya doing?"

I fiddled with the hem of my shirt, "fine. How are you and Eadline."

I didn't know if she would still want me to call her mom.

Grady gave a small smile, "better now that your here."

I hugged him, "thanks dad."

He just squeezed me tighter.

Grady and Eadline may not be my birth parents. But they will always be my real parents.

**********************

I stayed at my home for the night, not the black swan hideout. I suprisingly slept better than I thought I would, though it did help to have my stuffed animal, Ella.

When I woke up I did a singular braid and put on a gray tank top and pink shorts.

I grabbed my backpack and water and headed out the door, "bye mom bye dad."

"Bye Sophie have a nice day at training!"

It felt better knowing they were somewhat back to their old selves. But it would never be the same now that Jollie is gone.

I headed alone to the black swan hide out. I checked my watch.

1 mile away

10 minutes

Perfect. I thought, I could get there perfectly on time.

I continued walking.

3/4th mile

1/2 mile

5 minutes left

I continued walking until something grabbed me and pulled me into an alley way.

It was those kids who I fought at the neverseen with silver bangs, but they brought someone who was very tall with, pink pony tails?

I immediatley grabbed a dagger and pointed it at them. They didn't have any weapons. Unless thats what they wanted me to think. I pulled my weapon up a bit higher.

The person with pink pigtails looked at me and rolled her eyes, "look blondie we want to join your little organization group."

I looked at her in shock, "why?"

The girl spoke, "well I was very good friends with Keefe, and um well-" she took a deep breath and quickly spoke as she started crying, "he had always been talking about running away, and well he did it and he hasn't come back yet so I assume he was okay and I really want a cat but im not allowed because of the neverseen and its like tourchure there." She tightly closed her eyes and wipped her tearful eyes.