Chapter 16

It was odd. As soon as Cassius fully entered Keefe basically froze.

"Why are you here?" Keefe spoke again in a trembling voice.

"Because your mother has gone insane again with her little experiments, plus I joined the black swan so I have all the rights."

Ro then came in, "Keefe annoying dad alert he's coming. Wait, im too late, darn it, nevermind."

Cassius turned to Ro, "ah I still see you're playing babysitter Rohmidila."

Ro scoffed playing with her bright red nails, "no im actually guarding this place from all you evil people in the neverseen."

Cassius scoffed, "yeah im apart of the black swan now so you don't need to sound like I'm  evil."

"But you are evil, black swan or not." Keefe gave an inocent smile.

I giggled at this.

Cassius turned to me and gave a creepy, dark smile, "ah little miss moonlark aren't you that one who stole the necklace?"

I gave a sweet smile back, "yes."

He looked at me in surprise that I acually admitted it and sounded proud of it, "oh well it's a shame that you people always loose."

I gave a sarcastic smile, "and it's a shame that you people have the audacity to think you can actually take over the government."

Ro tried to mask her laughter with a cough.

He stared at me with an evil look then rolled his eyes, "well I best be going so long agent moonlark." He said with disgust, "oh and you too agent Legacy." He said not even acknowledging Keefe.

"Thats not my agent name."

"What?" Cassius scoffed.

"It's either agent not your Legacy boy, or agent hunkyhair. Im fine with both."

Cassius rolled his eyes and walked out of the door like he was superior to everyone else.

"Ugh he is so anoying." Keefe complained.

"I know right." Ro agreed.

"Why is Fintan and Gisella allowing people to join the black swan?" I asked.

Keefe looked down, "they aren't, its just us taking the risk of leaving to get a better life, and the black swan can provide for us and we can provide for the black swan so it's a win win."

I sudenly had a lot of respect for Linh and Tam maybe the three of us could get along if they got over the fact that we tried to kill eachother.

"Do you think Agent Cassius knows anything about where Biana and Wylie could be?" I asked.

Keefe suddenly perked up, "he actually could, we should question him about anything and everything he knows."

I nodded.

Then Ro asked Keefe, "do you think it could be nightfall?"

Keefe contemplated this, "i-it actually could be. We should raid it as soon as possible."

"Whats nightfall?" I asked Ro and Keefe.

Keefe stuttered a bit before answering, "its a facility that Vespera uses to tourchre people. I've never been in it but my mom mentioned it a lot."

"Do you guys know where it is?" I asked.

They both shook their heads.

"Okay I'll tell everyone else about this so we can maybe look into it, and find out where it is, and if we do find something, then we can have a lead to Biana and Wylie's abduction."