Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Disclaimer: I do not own BNHA or any other fictional story that I my use in here.

XxXxXxX

It was ridiculous. Why did Meiya-sama approve of that overgrown vending machine and not of him? Even if he had the interest of his family in mind, didn't everyone?

Monoma fumed by himself in the preparation room, the big form of that joke almost always being the center piece of all camera shots, their teacher on his palm looking like a toy in a child's hand.

His opponent was a midget from that accursed class 1-A, he used those round growths on his head to incapacitate a few of his opponents before so it was obvious to just avoid them.

Looking down to his palm he grinned, the powers he copied just waiting to be accessed. He had only 15 minutes of each but luckily that timer didn't go down until the quirks were in use. Poltergeist alone should be enough to win this match, he would need to give his regards to Yanagi for that one.

A few rapid knocks on the doors caught his attention, after couple of seconds Yaoyorozu Takahashi entered the waiting room. Seeing the older man, Monoma immediately stood up in greeting but Takahashi gestured to him to sit back down taking another chair at the table by himself.

"How are you feeling before the fight?" The raven haired man asked.

"Excellent, Sir. I will certainly win." Monoma replied with a grin.

"That's good my boy. I'm sorry for my daughter's behavior earlier, I think she's entering that rebellious phase you teenagers are famous for." Takahashi continued chuckling slightly, Monoma's followed suit with a nervous laughter.

"I believe that Momo-san will see the benefits from our union, it's impossible that her current 'relationship' could pan out." The blonde quirk copier said back still with his smile.

"I'm gonna be completely honest with you Neito-kun. I'm not too eager to let my daughter waste her best years with someone like Knight. At the same time the whole reason he ended in his current form is because he did that to defend my little girl, he was willing to lose his body permanently just to keep her safe." The raven haired man started, with Monoma grimacing internally where all of this could lead.

"I'm fully supporting your advances in regards of my daughter, but if she is truly happy with her current partner I won't try to separate them. You're on your own my boy." Takahashi stated, getting up from the table.

"Takahashi-sama! You can't be serious! Are you really gonna allow that mech warrior reject to take Momo's hand?" The blonde teen asked, standing up.

"Neito-kun, I'm really disappointed in you right now. That man is my daughter's savior, even if this situation is unacceptable he at least deserve our respect." The older man replied, walking to the door. " I wish you victory in the upcoming duel." He said walking out and closing the door.

"Argh! That's unbelievable!" Monoma shouted frustrated, he was still in game but his main supporter withdrawn for now.

"Monoma-san please prepare for your fight, you will be called in 5 minutes to enter the arena." Present Mic called thru the waiting room's intercom.

At least he could work out a bit of his frustration on one of those 1-A idiots.

XxX

Seating in her assigned waiting room, Momo tried to think of something that would help her in this situation. She idly played with a water bottle that she got from a vending machine just outside, at the same time listening to what was happening on the TV mounted to the wall. It currently was showing a group of primitive looking robots cleaning the area of the highly adhesive substance that Hatsume used earlier. Well... They weren't that primitive, but with Izuku standing in the background they looked more like toys than anything else.