Chapter 36

Chapter 36

XxXxXxX

Standing in an enormous garden, Izuku looked into the night sky above. A few clouds moved lazily across the vast expanse of otherwise clear space. He could hear his daughter playing in the background with her grandmother, their laughter putting him at ease more than anything could.

"What are you doing?" A young female voice asked, immediately recognized by the Titan.

"Just… Looking at the sky…" He replied, feeling her small hand on one of his fingers.

"It's beautiful tonight, even if we can't see most of the stars because of the light pollution." Momo agreed, also looking into the starry expanse above.

"Do you want to see it clearly?" He asked, looking back to the young girl that was standing beside him. She looked back up to him and nodded in confirmation.

Connecting them together, Izuku filtered out all the possible interference with his optics and other sensors. Hearing his companion gasp in wonder made him chuckle, her eyes widening from the sight even though she was seeing through him right now.

Raising his massive arm upwards, he pointed to one of the constellations. "That one is called Draco." He said, a slight overlay in their vision highlighting the mentioned group. "There's Cassiopeia, Ursa Minor, Cygnus, Lyra, Hercules…" He pointed out one after another with Momo listening curiously.

The three of them traveled to Momo's home, as all of the heroic course students got a few free days to visit their families before the MLA started any trouble.

After a long discussion and a lot of convincing Izuku agreed to the offer from the HCI, albeit heavily modified after an aggressive battle from the Yaoyorozu army of lawyers.

"I never really touched upon astronomy, how do you know all of their names?" The ravenette asked after he named every single one of them.

"I… don't know. It's a bit strange… I know so many things, but still can't really remember anything substantial about myself…" He mused, tracing with his eye after a satellite that entered his sight.

"If I can help you in any way, please ask. I know that you don't like to rely on other people but I want to help you." She tried to reassure him, squeezing his finger a bit.

"I know, Princess. Thank you. I'll go talk with Kayama-san after all this is over, she offered to help me back during the festival. I think that I put it off for long enough…" Izuku replied, looking back down at her. "Are you really sure that you won't need me? Maybe I should go with you all to Tokyo in the end…" He asked.

"I'm sure, Zuku. You are such a worrywart." Momo giggled, tapping him on his knee in a reassuring manner. "I'm going to be in a group with Melissa and Izumi, the three of us should be enough for all the possible trouble. Luna will be helping us too, so you can be sure that you will be the first to know if something is happening."

"I know…" The Titan replied, slumping a bit. "Will you call for my help if you need it?" He asked hopefully, making the girl giggle once more.

"I'm beginning to suspect you don't think I'm capable of taking care of myself." She said playfully, putting her hands on her hips. "I won't call you for anything and everything, but I'll certainly ask you for help if it's needed." She added, seeing how uncomfortable her giant friend was.

"... Thank you, Momo."

"Papa! Mommy! Look what we made with Grandma!" Luna's excited voice broke the comfortable silence between the two, her robotic body happily running in their direction with a large garland made of flowers. The small robot stopped just before them a bit unsteadily and with a happy giggle extended its arms to the two to better show it to them.