Chapter 39

Chapter 39

XxXxXxX

"Get back here Sumika! We need to get back into the shelter!" An angry, brown haired man called after his co-worker. He had half a mind to toss away the heavy camera that he was carrying just to be able to catch up but it was too expensive to even think about that.

"Not this time Takeru! We need to get this on tape, move your ass!" The red headed girl called back to him, only quickening her pace.

Sighing, the young man could only try to do the same. Maybe with a bit of luck they really could turn this boring story about the tourist attractions of Tokyo into something worthwhile.

Arriving at the doors first, the young reporter quickly checked her appearance in the nearby window and switched on her microphone.

"You are insufferable! I'm pulling you back to the shelter at the slightest sign of danger!" The cameraman angrily commented, but started to set up his own equipment and started to record.

"I love you too!" The young woman winked at him, getting a small blush and an eye roll which made her smile too.

"Good evening Japan. I'm Kagami Sumika, live from the Nazoobako Dome located in the Tokyo bay. Today just past five in the afternoon a villain attack occurred, turning the beautiful evening into a scene of tragedy before your eyes." The red headed woman started after her partner gave her a sign. "With the ongoing conflict to the north the most powerful heroes were relocated, a situation that villains and criminals alike are trying to take advantage of. Thankfully all other heroes are picking up the slack, even getting the help of the interns from the heroic schools." She continued, turning her attention to the situation outside.

"Currently, a local pro hero going by the name Crawler is valiantly defending this shelter together with his three interns." The woman narrated what was happening, internally wincing after the green haired girl was flung into a building. A slight wave of fatigue suddenly attacked her, causing a few small drops of sweat to show on her forehead. "If I'm seeing it correctly, the three interns seem to be none other than the three finalists of the UA's sports festival. As one could expect from the best, their fighting ability is on par with the pro heroes even if those young girls only began their schooling."

The battle outside continued, getting a bit more hectic with the appearance of the second villain. The red headed woman even had to duck a few times with a couple of stray attacks sending rubble their way. 

Suddenly, when the fight paused for a few seconds, a loud noise caused everyone to look upwards just to cover themselves from the shockwave caused by the sound barrier being broken.

A large white and blue robot circled over the battle area, causing confusion to everyone. It came to a stop over the heroes, hovering over the roofs of the nearby building. In a split second, a volley of rockets shot out from the machine, exploding into large quantities of some kind of foam that took out the fires in an instant.

"Is that Knight? It couldn't be… he is much bigger and bulkier… Wait! Could it be Knight Luna?!" The red headed reporter exclaimed, totally forgetting for a few seconds about her job from the bewilderment.

"I am Valkyrie! The heroine of the sky!" The new challenger exclaimed loudly, entering into a combat stance while still hovering around a meter from the ground. "Surrender villains or face my wrath!" It ordered, in a voice that certainly belonged to a young girl.

For a few seconds nothing happened, but the muscular villain quickly shook off the surprise and charged at the new challenger. Replying in kind, the white and blue robot flared its engines and rocketed at the man just to be dodged and sent careening into a nearby building with a powerful backhand that ringed loudly like a bell.