Chapter 30

Chapter 30

XxXxXxX

[Direct connection to body #29 acquired.]

[Running startup diagnostic.]

[Propulsion systems - online.]

[Auto balancing systems - online.]

[Collision avoidance systems -online.]

[Visual systems - online.]

[Sensor array - online.]

[Battery at 100%.]

[All systems online.]

With barely audible humming of internal workings, a small round drone switched on in it's charging dock. A blue glow of its sensors lit up a dorm room, with the only other light source being a set of six computer screens on the workstation that took most of the space. The first rays of the sun slowly were trying to push away the dark of the night, but they were barely beginning to win.

Spinning up the rotors of her small body, Luna rose into the air. Using the least power she could to not wake up her mother, she flew slowly to the slumped form of the blonde girl at the desk. Two of the six monitors showed a detailed schematic of her mother's newest invention, something that looked like a diadem that was really wide on the back. The other four showed up updated Javelin schematics with technologies that weren't available when it was created for the first time.

Connecting wirelessly to her mother's personal computer, Luna used a long robotic arm that was a part of the work table to get a blanket from Melissa's bed and draped it over her mother's back. She observed for a few moments how the blonde inventor stirred, but in the end she only bundled up with the fluffy and warm fabric. After that she saved the ongoing work on the computer and switched it off, bathing the whole room in more darkness.

Floating to the opened window she decided to go outside for a while, not having anything better to do. She could hang around her Papa but he was busy right now. She knew that her giant mechanical father was extremely worried for her when she was forcefully switched off, and she felt really bad because of that, especially when her blonde mother discovered how MLA managed to access the I-island's internal network. The disappointed sight she made sent a few new emotions through her personality matrix, none of them feeling good.

At that moment she promised to herself that she would be the bestest daughter and listen to her parents without any question, especially when they said that something was dangerous to do.

Flying past the windows of the boys side of the dorms, she spotted that in one of the rooms a faint light was still on. Quickly comparing her actual coordinates to the maps she scanned before, it turned out to be the room of the smallest member of the class.

Now, she knew that peeping was bad. It was really really bad to watch people in their own rooms, them being their own spaces for whatever they may need. Like mother Melissa's room with a workshop because mister Power Loader didn't allow her to work in the school ones when he wasn't present. Or mother Momo's resting room with a really big and bouncy bed that Luna certainly didn't use to learn how to do sick tricks because it would bounce her back up into the air if she failed.

Looking to the other windows, she scanned all of them, checking if someone else had lights left on. Not seeing any, she looked back to the slightly glowing window. Maybe she should check it anyway? She saw sometimes that the boy in question had nosebleeds, and that was bad for humans, right? Thinking about it, she registered that his friend Kaminari had nosebleeds too... was it infectious? She really should check if the small man didn't need any help, he could have lost consciousness if his blood pressure dropped too low.