Chapter 32

Chapter 32

XxXxXxX

"Wait! So you don't see in color but you see color? What does that even mean? That doesn't make sense!" A blue haired girl exclaimed happily, munching on a sweet bun and swinging her legs while sitting on the forearm of her kouhai.

Both of them together with the heroine Ryukyu were having a break after the morning patrol. They were in the Musutafu Central Park with enough space for the Vanguard class Titan to comfortably relax for a bit.

A lot of children were interested in him, even more than in the actual heroine that was watching with a smile how a small boy was jumping in place and pointing to the giant while pulling on his mother's sleeve so she would look too. Ryukyu had to chase off a lot of reporters and journalists for the first three days of their work, some of them coming back multiple times. Knight decided that this caused more problems and danger than needed and answered a few questions to sate their curiosity a bit. They even scheduled a small press conference for later, organized by Nezu himself of course.

"I'm using a lot of sensors to perceive my surroundings. Most of them are directional and linked to my main optic right here." The Titan replied to his new friend while pointing with his other hand to the single eye. "I can see like a normal human if I want but for the most part I'm just using a modified version of something called a LiDAR. It's a device that enables me to precisely measure my surroundings and is much easier and faster to process than an actual eyesight that you are familiar with. It creates a monochromatic representation of the world around me, hence I don't technically see in color." Izuku explained, the girl on his arm looking up to him with crumbs all over her face.

"Nejire-chan, do you ever run out of questions? It's the fourth day already and he answered every single one of them for you." Their teacher asked, sitting gracefully on a bench nearby.

"But Knight-kun is so cool! How can you not ask any questions? And he is the first person in forever to answer so many of them! Even Mirio just laughs my questions away and Tamaki just sulks in his sulk corner."

"I don't mind, Ryukyu. Shall we return to..." The Titan stopped suddenly, his eye looking into the distance. "A distress call was sent from nearby. Unauthorized quirk usage." He said, pointing with his arm in the direction he was looking. He tossed the bluenette gently into the air with her letting out a bubbly laughter from the experience. Nejire immediately flew off to scout the situation while the two left behind moved after her.

"How far?" The blonde heroine asked while being gently scooped up into the jogging Titan's hand.

"1366 meters. More distress calls were sent from civilians in the direction away from us." Izuku replied, carefully maneuvering between the people who just stopped in shock after seeing a massive machine like him run past.

"Nejire, update!" Ryukyu asked through their communicator, holding onto the giant's hand as he leaped over the fence that surrounded the park.

"Likely a robbery gone wrong. Suspect is running on foot, what looks like a small safe under his arm. Around three and a half meters tall, animalistic characteristics. No sign of quirk usage, maybe he's just a mutation type? I'm following from the sky, he didn't notice me yet." The bluenette replied via radio.

"Good job, don't lose him. Knight, follow her signal but don't get too close to not spook him." The heroine ordered.

"Acknowledged." He replied, increasing his speed steadily and going onto the road to not accidentally hurt a passerby. He jumped over a few cars that stopped immediately after seeing him, most of the people recognizing him from the festival and taking out their phones to take a few photos or film him in action.