3. What have I done?

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asked his team through the comms.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target" Tommy replied to him taking a sip from his coffee.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..." Steve asked them again.

"Cameras" Pietro was the one who responded this time, hiding in an alley waiting for his signal.

"Both cross streets are one way" Steve told him while looking out of the window of the apartment he was in.

"So, compromised escape routes" he replied again, he looked over his shoulder to make sure nobody was watching him. He looked at the ring he had on one of his fingers.

"I have a gift for you. Close your eyes" Ana did as he told him and smiled excitedly. He placed a ring on her hand "You can open them now" he told her.

"A ring?" She said confused but smiling "If this is you way of asking me to marry you, you have to work on that, buddy" she patted his back while he shook his head laughing.

"Is a promise ring" he explained, she nodded and putted it on.

"What promise?" She asked him, he smiles and shrug.

"To always be there for each other? No matter what" he asked slowly, she nodded smiling.

"No matter what"

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve said taking him out of his trace.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute" Wanda replied while playing with the spoon on her tea.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us" Nat said before taking a sip from her coffee.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" The Maximoff girl asked them.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature" Nat told her, while training during the last few months Nat turned into her mentor, Steve also did but not as much as Nat.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked Natasha, he was in a rooftop waiting for instruction.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat asked him sarcastically, Sam scoffed but their little chat was interrupted by Steve.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him" Steve said remembering who gave him the last best lead.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us" Sam commented making Tommy laugh.

Steve sees a garbage truck pushing its way through traffic, with no regard to pedestrians or other vehicles "Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it" he orders his teammate.

From the back of Sam's Falcon jet pack, a small drone, launches and flies down to scan the garbage truck "Give me X-ray" Sam orders the small drone "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed" he informed the team.

"It's a battering ram" Nat said. "Go now" Steve ordered them. "What?" Wanda asked. "He's not hitting the police" Steve told them. They all started running towards the 'Institute for infectious diseases'.

A man was sitting in the guard station. He looked over as the garbage truck was coming towards the gate. The driver jumped out and the truck slammed into the gateway. Two trucks rushed into the compound through the newly-made entrance. Soldiers in black armor emerged from the trucks, firing their rifles around the courtyard. Four soldiers fired gas canisters into the building and soldiers wearing gas masks entered. Steve arrived and took out several of the soldiers "Body armor, AR-15's. I make seven hostiles" he informed the team.