21. Your worst nightmare

Rocket found a clear spot "Come and get some, space dogs!" Another wave of Outriders headed right for the raccoon-oid. The Winter Soldier, having come up behind Rocket, grabbed him with his mechanical arm, holding him at arms length and spins 540 degrees, firing his own M-249 at the same time. "Come on, get some, get some! Come on, get some!" Bucky dropped him, who looked up at him with an impressed gleam "How much for the gun?"

Bucky snapped off another burst "Not for sale".

"Okay, how much for the arm?" The super soldier just gives him a look and moves off "Oh, I'll get that arm".

The tides of battle cause Thor, using Stormbreaker to great effect, and Captain America together. They take a breather. "New haircut?" Cap asked while panting.

"Notice you've copied my beard" the god grinned while gesturing to his chin.Steve nodded, wearily gesturing at his own face with a shield-covered hand. Groot skewered three Outriders with his right arm "By the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree" he gestured towards Groot with Stormbreaker.

"I AM GROOT!"

"I am Steve Rogers"

In Shuri's lab, a deep rumbling can be heard even at their height. Wanda looks down on the battlefield, and sees movement through the blazing forest between the troopships and the dome. When the disturbance reaches the edge of the trees, it turns into vast moving mounds of earth that easily bypass the force field and emerge.

"Wanda, you should go" she heard Ana say from behind her.

"No, I have to stay here, with Vision" Ana sighed and shook her head.

"They need you more than we do. I can protect him if they come. You can go" she assured to her friend who seemed unsure.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" They heard T'Challa yell.

Wanda watched as at least one set of Threshers separates into individual wheels and started veering all over the battlefield, and then looked anxiously back at Vision. Then at her friend and nodded once.

"Focus that fire on the left flank, Sam" Rhodes told his friend, both of them flying above the battle.

"I'm doing it" The two fliers used their firepower to crack a Thresher but couldn't find a weak spot.

Nat with her escrima sticks and Okoye with her augmented spear have drifted together when they're suddenly in the path of a Thresher. Both women cringed at their seemingly inevitable shredding when the Scarlet Witch landed in front of both of them, eyes glowing red, lifting the whole Thresher well clear of the ground. Looking behind her, the friendly forces have scattered and replaced by a charging mob of Outriders, the perfect place to throw a Thresher. Black Widow straightens with a pleased smile, Okoye with an amazed look.

"Why was she up there all this time?" The warrior asked indignantly.

Proxima saw that Wanda was down and smirked evilly "She's on the field. Take it".

Corvus Glaive kills one of the guards just outside the lab, alerting Shuri to the problem.

"Ana!" The former assassin groaned while turning around to fight those who tried to get inside while her friend rushed.

"Fuck it!" Pietro heard and got worried. He looked around and spotted his sister. He furrowed but continued fighting, he couldn't go to both girls, he had to keep with war "Shuri, hurry up!"

"You know I'm going as fast as possible!" The people on the ground fighting could heard them, all of them fearing what was happening.

Ana tried to control their mind as she closed her eyes "Go away and fight your own" she breathed out and when she opened her eyes she saw as they walked away and did as told "Fuck".