18. She gave it to me

Today was supposed to be just another regular day. Like I said, supposed. The normal tranquility of the cottage was broken by a panicked Pietro trying to wake up his fiancée.

"Wake up, my love! Wanda is in danger, we have to help her!" He continued to shook her while she mumbled nonsense, not being fully awaken yet.

"Great for her" she turned around until her eyes widened with realisation "WAIT WHAT!?" She quickly got up while he explained the situation. Bringing a handful of their weapons to the quinjet he used to get there in the first place.

...

Wanda and Vision were going on a stroll around Scotland, hand in hand with smiles on their faces, unaware of the danger that was after them "So there's a 10 AM to Glasgow to give us more time together before you went back".

"What if I miss that train?" Vision asked, hoping for a future with the woman he loved. He didn't know he would ever be able to feel, but he felt everything with her.

"There is an 11" she replied, naive to his true intentions.

"What if I missed all the trains? What if this time, I didn't go back?" He held her hand tighter, scared of ever letting her go.

"You gave Stark your word" she replied, unsure of what to do. She didn't want to be away from him, not then not ever.

"I'd rather give it to you" he simply reasoned, as for him, the choice of staying with her was the simplest.

"There are people who are expecting me too, you know. We both made promises" she told him, referring to their team practically breaking into two.

"Not to each other" He placed his hands on her shoulders so she would look directly at him "Wanda... for two years, we've stolen these moments, trying to see if this could work. And... I don't know. You know what, I'm just gonna speak for myself -- I, I... I think..."

"It works" she finished for him with a grin that he returned.

"It works" he breathed out "Then stay. Stay with me" Wanda looked down, but then her eyes and attention drifted to her left.

Vision, suddenly very uncertain retracted his words "Or not. If I'm overstepping..."

Wanda stepped over to a better view of the TV in the kebab shop at which they had stopped, drawing Vision with her. It showed coverage of the invasion of New York, the alien antagonists, and the disappearance of Tony Stark.

"What are they?" The witch fearfully asked.

"What the stone was warning me about" He kissed her hand and with regret he said his next words "I have to go".

"No, Vision. Vision, if that's true... then maybe going isn't the best idea".

"Wanda...I-"

Corvus Glaive suddenly appeared behind Vision and stabbed him through the back. Vision screamed, losing his glamour to return to his green, red and gold appearance, and was thrown down into the street.

"Vision!" Wanda circled her hands, gathering up energy for a counterattack when Proxima Midnight blasted her from behind, knocking the Scarlet Witch across the street and through a bistro's window.

Corvus Glaive pinned Vision down and dig the point of his high-tech glaive into Vision's forehead in an attempt to extract the Mind Stone.

The Scarlet Witch committed her own surprise attack, blasting both of the aliens away, then lifting Vision and herself into a nearby courtyard, from where she drags him to rest in a concealed alleyway.