19. Not here

"Still no word from Vision?" The hologram of Secretary Ross asked.

"Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh" Rhodes replied rather bored about the guy.

"On a stolen Quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals"

"You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?"

"My God, Rhodes, your talent for horseshit rivals my own"

"If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here"

"I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel"

"That's right. And I'm pretty sure I've paid for that" he bitterly said, referring to the lost of all of his friends.

"You have second thoughts?"

"Not anymore"

The fugitive Avengers entered the room, Vision supported by Sam. Anastasia caught up with the fight that followed her department, the Accords causing more trouble than before. She didn't like that Pietro lied to her but she wasn't mad at him, he just didn't want her to know that now half of the Avengers are criminals, including her best friend Wanda.

"Mr. Secretary" Steve greeted with a blank face, he didn't care about those people or their opinions anymore.

"You got some nerve. I'll give you that"

Natasha smirked "You could use some of that right now".

"The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?"

"At least I'm not the cause of it" Ana whispered to her fiancée who chuckled.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight" Steve took a step forward, looking right at Ross "And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you, too".

Ross turned to Rhodes "Arrest them".

"All over it" he swooped off  the hologram "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap".

They hugged "You too, Rhodey" Natasha got her own embrace afterwards.

"Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years"

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star" Sam said with a grin. Happy to be back.

"Ours surely was" Pietro whispered to Ana who rolled her eyes while he placed an arm around her waist.

"Uh, I think you look great" Rhodes and Natasha long round to see Bruce walking in from the opposite end of the room "Uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back".

"Hi, Bruce" Nat smiled at him while a dark haired boy appeared behind the scientists.

"Nat" he greeted with a soft smile.

"This is awkward" Sam whispered and the engaged couple nodded in agreement.

Tommy walked in and his smile grew bigger, Ana quickly ran to him and hugged him tightly "You fucking bitch couldn't come here before" he pulled away to see her pale face.

She could've come there sooner, she had a full control of her powers, but she was selfish enough to stay there with Pietro.

The silver haired boy feeling the anxiousness of her and the furrowed eyebrows of her best friend took Tommy to another room to ask for his permission to marry her. He already had of her parents, not that she knew.

Later, after getting changed, the group reunited in another room. Pietro was standing behind Ana with his arms around her waist and his chin on her shoulder while she leaned back on him.