Eight

"Adelaine slow down!" I called to my five year old daughter as she ran up the steps to Shelley's house. She's having a get together with most of her friends and of course she wanted the girls to come.

I'm carrying Amelia on my hip and she's very content with playing with her stuffed animal that she takes everywhere.

"But I wanna see Aunt Shelley!" Adelaine shouted as she approached the door and rang the doorbell a million times. I ran to catch up and panted as I got up there with her and grabbed her hand away from the ring camera.

"Addy!" I scolded. The door was pulled open and Adelaine launched herself into Shelley's arms.

"Happy Birthday Aunt Shelley!" she beamed.

"Hap Birday!" Amelia held her arms out and we both chuckled.

"Come inside. Everyone's already here." Shelley told us. I grabbed Adelaine's hand again and we followed Shelley towards the backyard.

We walked out onto the back patio and Adelaine clung to my leg when she saw all the people.

"Look, there's Aunt Pheebs." I pointed at my bestfriend. She smiled at my daughter who ran over and sat on her lap. Amelia laid her head on my shoulder and I kissed her head.

"Well everyone this is the one and only Katherine!" Shelley held her arms out like she was presenting something.

I did fake jazz hands and everyone laughed. I looked around at all the people and my eyes stopped on none other than Dylan O'Brien who seemed to be staring at me but he quickly looked away.

"Okay now that everyone's here let's bust out the alcohol!" Tyler exclaimed. I coughed loudly and motioned to my daughters. "And juice boxes!"

Adelaine giggled and ran over to me. I sat on one of the outside chairs that had cushions on them and Adelaine squeezed herself on the seat with me.

Tyler returned with a box of beer and then a box of Capri suns. He passed the box to me and I opened it, handing one to each of my kids and then getting one for myself.

"You're gonna drink a Capri sun?" Dylan asked with an amused look.

"What? I've got two daughters to drive home I can't get drunk." I said with a laugh.

The small party went on and everyone was having a good time. They were all drinking beers but not enough to get them drunk because of Adelaine and Amelia. Tyler started doing these weird dance moves making us all laugh. Shelley was of course being an idiot and her and Tyler started dramatically acting out scenes from movies.

It was super fun and I'm glad I finally got out of the house for the first time in a while. I heard a little giggle and looked down at Amelia who was looking at Dylan. I looked over at him and saw that he was making goofy faces at her.

He noticed me looking and smiled that panty dropping smile. My cheeks reddened and I took a sip from my Caprisun again.

Amelia and Adelaine ran off to go play in the grass and us adults started talking.

"You know, Kath got an audition." Phoebe spoke. My eyes widened and I sent her a tight lipped smile.

"Pheebs." I warned.

"What?" she played dumb.

"You act?" Holland asked.

"A little bit." I shrugged. "Well I used to but then I got pregnant with Adelaine and you can't exactly pretend to be a mermaid when you have a human growing inside of you." everyone laughed a little.

"Oh yeah, why didn't you bring your husband or boyfriend along?" Crystal asked. My smiled dropped as everyone looked at me with questioning looks.

Phoebe scoffed. "We don't talk about that douchebag."