Thirty-One

"Hey babe." Dylan kissed my cheek as he sat down on the couch next to me. I smiled and turned to kiss him on the lips. "Whatcha doin'?"

"Trying to figure out what to get Adelaine for her birthday." I said as I scrolled on my phone.

"Well do you know what she wants?" he asked.

"Yeah, but I'm having trouble finding it." I sighed.

"Well what is it?" he wrapped his arm around the back of the couch behind me and I moved into his side.

"She wants a puppy." I huffed.

His eyebrows raised up slightly. "Really?"

"Yep." I continued looking on my phone. "But the only problem is I can't find any recues or shelters that have any up for adoption. Which is weird because it's the middle of May."

"You're actually gonna get her a dog?"

"Well I've been thinking about it. She's been asking for one since Christmas and now that she's turning six I think it might be a good idea." I said.

"Well, my mom actually has a friend who's dog just had a litter of puppies. I can ask her if there's any available." he told me.

"Are you serious?" I turned to him with wide eyes. "You'd do that?"

"Of course." he smiled and pecked my lips. "Anything for you."

"Mm." I hummed and leaned up to kiss him again. I caressed his cheek before someone jumped onto the couch next to us.

"No mama." Amelia pushed me away and climbed on Dylan's lap.

"Seriously?" I tilted my head at her.

"Put movie on!" she pointed at the TV completely ignoring me.

"Kids." I grumbled and stood up to grab the remote. Dylan laughed and wrapped an arm around Amelia.

"You heard the girl, put a movie on." he told me. Amelia giggled and snuggled into his chest.

"You both are gonna be the death of me."

"You love us." Dylan smirked.

"Mommy!" Adelaine came running down the stairs. "I'm still here."

"Yes you are." she ran and jumped onto the couch with me. "And you're my favorite."

"Hey!" Amelia whined.

"I'm just kidding." I laughed and kissed Adelaine's head.

"Better be."

"Okay Miss Sass."

- - -