Twenty-Five

I stood in the airport with Dylan because he had to fly back out to finish filming the maze runner. He already told the girls goodbye back at my house which wasn't exactly easy but Amelia was a lot more understanding this time. She did cry but she wasn't kicking and screaming on the floor like last time.

"So you're gonna call me right when you land?" I asked as he held my hands in his. It was a question but sounded more like a statement.

"Yes ma'am." he had a small smile on his face. "And when I get back, you are gonna let me take you on a real date." I tilted my head at him.

"What do you mean real date?"

"I mean, not as friends, not to 'catch up', a real date." he said making me fight a smile.

"Any why should I agree to that?" I taunted.

"That way when I finally ask you to be my girlfriend we will have at least gone on one date." he chuckled. I let out a laugh and looked down at our intertwined fingers.

"What if everyone hates me?" I asked hesitantly.

"I don't care."

"But Dylan, you could lose fans and I don't want to be the reason--"

"Hey." he looked at me with his brows knit together. "That doesn't matter. If I want to be with you then I'm gonna be with you. It's not my fans that are in a relationship with you."

"What about Amelia and Adelaine?" I asked.

"Seriously?" he laughed. "Isn't Adelaine the one that wanted you to go on that little friendship date but she wanted it to be real."

"True." I shrugged with a laugh. "Just-- be safe while you're away and make sure to be safe on set."

He nodded and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his around my waist and held me close.

"I'm gonna miss you." he whispered. I sadly smiled and stroked the back of his head.

"I think I'm gonna miss you more." I told him.

"Not possible." he squeezed my waist before pulling away and resting his hands on my hips. "I gotta get going."

"Okay." I ran my hands up and down his forearms. He cupped my cheeks and pressed his lips to my forehead before picking up his bag.

I waved at him as he began walking away before releasing a sigh and running a hand through my hair.

"Just a couple months."

- - -

KatherineHolt: when I try to make cookies with Addy but she just starts eating the chocolate chips

Comments